Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
El_Clutch
El_Clutch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle PDF Zoom question

Hey Guys,

Been lurking around here for abit but decided to make an account so I could ask this. I just got myself a Kindle 3 for Christmas and have taken the imperative to convert most of my epubs and all that to mobi, but some files I left as pdf's because they can still be read on the kindle. What I was wondering is if there was a hack or a way to zoom on your pdf's by a certain percentage(not the 150, 200, 300% but actually choose by how much). I feel Amazon could have added one extra button in that toolbar in order to allow us to manually choose what percentage size we want to zoom in at. If there's some sort of hack or I'm just missing something, let me know!
El_Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #2
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Hi,

Welcome to MobileRead!

As far as I know, unfortunately, there is no way to do this. It's quite frustrating

Reading PDF's in zoom is already pretty hard though because you have to constantly pan back and forth. The best option is to convert the books when you can.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
wesleyer
Connoisseur
wesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enough

Device: none
An alternative is to use the Duokan firmware, which seems to have much better handling of PDFs.
wesleyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:01 AM   #4
charonme
Zealot
charonme is a marvel to beholdcharonme is a marvel to beholdcharonme is a marvel to beholdcharonme is a marvel to beholdcharonme is a marvel to beholdcharonme is a marvel to beholdcharonme is a marvel to beholdcharonme is a marvel to beholdcharonme is a marvel to beholdcharonme is a marvel to beholdcharonme is a marvel to behold

Device: K3
this thread deals with pdf zooming too
charonme is offline   Reply With Quote