Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
I need a custom ebook cover designer

Anybody know of anybody good? I'm looking to spend around a hundred, but it's got to be custom and not just somebody throwing some graphics on a photo. Thanks.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Many here find their artists on http://www.deviantart.com/
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:31 AM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
One of the subforums here has a place where you can get help on that. Some of the Deviant Art people frequent it as well.

NaNoWriMo
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:49 AM   #4
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
Someone on another board suggested finding a local artist to do this for you. This may be an option.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:01 AM   #5
B.K. Wright
Zealot
B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Smile Excellent Cover Artist

I highly suggest Fiona Jayde at http://fionajaydemedia.com/. Her covers are the best in my opinion and right at the price you are wanting. She is very easy to work with and will do the very best to make you an outstanding cover. She also has some premade covers on her site, but custom made is what she prefers. She designs full time, so is available anytime.
B.K. Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #6
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.K. Wright View Post
I highly suggest Fiona Jayde at http://fionajaydemedia.com/. Her covers are the best in my opinion and right at the price you are wanting. She is very easy to work with and will do the very best to make you an outstanding cover. She also has some premade covers on her site, but custom made is what she prefers. She designs full time, so is available anytime.
Looks like all she does is romance... and while most are good, they all follow a consistent theme/layout. They are great covers, but very narrowly focused in use. At least that is the impression I get from skimming her portfolio.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #7
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
One of the subforums here has a place where you can get help on that. Some of the Deviant Art people frequent it as well.

NaNoWriMo
thanks crich. I checked it out.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #8
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelec View Post
Someone on another board suggested finding a local artist to do this for you. This may be an option.
thanks mbelec
Old 03-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #9
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.K. Wright View Post
Thanks B.K., I checked out the site. Very nice stuff but not quite what I was looking for.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #10
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Looks like all she does is romance... and while most are good, they all follow a consistent theme/layout. They are great covers, but very narrowly focused in use. At least that is the impression I get from skimming her portfolio.
Thanks Vincent, Pretty much agree with you. Nice stuff but romance and young adult oriented.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #11
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Bottom line: I'm still searching and open to suggestions. Thanks!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #12
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Don't know if you could find anyone here or not. http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/forum.php It is a forum for the Artrage computer program, you can see some of the artwork in the gallary section. Just a thought.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #13
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

thanks ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by exscentric View Post
Don't know if you could find anyone here or not. http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/forum.php It is a forum for the Artrage computer program, you can see some of the artwork in the gallary section. Just a thought.
Checked out the gallery. Some fantastic stuff. If I had more time I think I might be able to find somebody there. (Maybe next time.) Thanks!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:47 AM   #14
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Check out the yellow pages at kindleboards.com. They've got an entire section on covers and cover design.

I've been really happy with Najla Qamber's photo manipulation work. I don't know whether she's still taking commissions, though.
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #15
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Fulda View Post
Check out the yellow pages at kindleboards.com. They've got an entire section on covers and cover design.

I've been really happy with Najla Qamber's photo manipulation work. I don't know whether she's still taking commissions, though.
Thanks Nancy. I checked out Najla's stuff. Very nice. But I couldn't find the cover and cover design section on Kindle Boards. (I even searched for e-book covers and it brought up individual items.) Could you be a little more specific in how I might find it?