Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-12-2012, 04:19 AM   #31
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I don't know what's the reason for the crash, but "foreground-color" is not a supported CSS property (in the spec), and "boldest" is not an allowed value.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #32
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I don't know what's the reason for the crash, but "foreground-color" is not a supported CSS property (in the spec), and "boldest" is not an allowed value.

foreground-color, boldest: Wonder where I got that idea from
(I must get rid of of my really old HTML notes)

THNX
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #33
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
foreground-color, boldest: Wonder where I got that idea from
(I must get rid of of my really old HTML notes)

THNX
Add:
And it now works when I fixed it
Old 02-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #34
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nevertheless, ADE should not crash. Never. If it crashes, it's a bug.

And the CSS spec says unknown properties or values should just be ignored. So using "foreground-color" or "boldest" should not harm in a well-behaved renderer, they'd just do nothing.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #35
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Add:
And it now works when I fixed it
Attached it the FIXED .epub version, that doesn't crash ADE, for those so interested!

By the way, it was the keyword "boldest" that caused that crash. Using "bold" allowed ADE to function properly!!!
Attached Files
File Type: epub Catatonic_ADE_fixed.epub (2.3 KB, 817 views)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #36
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Attached it the FIXED .epub version, that doesn't crash ADE, for those so interested!

By the way, it was the keyword "boldest" that caused that crash. Using "bold" allowed ADE to function properly!!!
I can confirm, once I cleaned up the stylesheet (errors), it work pretty good on my PEz. ( I went with numeric font weights)
Old 02-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #37
sab1234
sab1234 began at the beginning.

Device: IPad, Kindl, Nook, Sony Reader, Ibis, ADE
ADE Font Bug

Hello,
another bug that I have just recognized with 1.7.2 is related to font embedding.
Aparently it seemed to work for some fonts of my sample epub file but not all.
Later on I realised the issue seems related to the file size of the fonts.
One of my fonts was 112kB whereas the others just around 60 kB.
Once I made it smaller, it embedded fine.
And good news the 1.8 Preview version doesnt display this problem.
sab1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Jellby, that fixed it! Now it DOES crash in ADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't even display in ADE now....
It does work in ADE 1.8 Preview 3 that was released on February 16, 2012. ADE 1.7.2 does indeed crash.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #39
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Nevertheless, ADE should not crash. Never. If it crashes, it's a bug.

And the CSS spec says unknown properties or values should just be ignored. So using "foreground-color" or "boldest" should not harm in a well-behaved renderer, they'd just do nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It does work in ADE 1.8 Preview 3 that was released on February 16, 2012. ADE 1.7.2 does indeed crash.
Wow, did that February 12, 2012 post by Jellby prompt the February 16, 2012 ADE 1.8 release....
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #40
carl_torstensson
carl_torstensson began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Media queries don't work. ADE don't just ignore the media query, it ignores the entire css if you have media queries in it. Sucks.
carl_torstensson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #41
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Media queries are not supported in ePUB2, they are in ePub3. ADE does not work with ePUB3 yet.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:22 AM   #42
carl_torstensson
carl_torstensson began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
But it would be nice if ADE didn't ignore the entire css just cuz you add a couple of lines in the css for media queries for mobile phones.
carl_torstensson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #43
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl_torstensson View Post
But it would be nice if ADE didn't ignore the entire css just cuz you add a couple of lines in the css for media queries for mobile phones.
If the CSS isn't valid, ADE won't use it. You can consider this a known issue (it's hard to argue that it's a 'bug').
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #44
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

But ADE is a bit particular about what is a "valid" CSS. The CSS spec says that if a renderer doesn't know about some property, it should just ignore it (the property), ADE somehow decides that an unknown property means the CSS is invalid and it ignores it (the whole CSS file).
Old 11-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #45
luckyparrot
luckyparrot began at the beginning.

Device: all
I have found that ADE tolerates both '@media amzn-mobi' and '@media amzn-kf8' without ignoring the whole CSS file. Anything else (that I've tried) causes ADE to ignore the whole CSS file, even 'not amzn-mobi'. Has anyone had any success with any other media queries?
luckyparrot is offline   Reply With Quote