Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-20-2010, 05:41 AM   #31
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Have you eaten a sandwich with cutlery lately? A taco? Ribs (ok, that one is possible but difficult; depends on how tender they are)? Chips and dip? I prefer to avoid eating with my fingers but sometimes it's unavoidable. Try buttering bread without touching it.
I know - I was only teasing you I don't eat that much bread myself though, or chips and dip, and lately I've stopped reading while eating - I don't want to spend 15-30 min. or more making dinner, just to shovel it down without tasting it. I'm a good cook, it would be a shame
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:51 AM   #32
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Thornton View Post
I haven't found a dictionary that suggests e-Book or eBook. Is this a provincial usage?
I think it is - you know they can't spell proper English in the North American provinces.
Though I doubt using camel case, such as Jon suggests, has crept into everyday use to such an extent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I always find this interesting that few readers call what they read a story .... always a book or ebook
You read a story in a book But, yes you are right - interesting observation. I use 'story' quite often in English though, but in Danish I'd use book (well, 'bog' actually... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
I like this thread. It has the right level of perversity, indecency and controversy.

Some provocative questions to the distinguished members that read their eBooks while eating.

Do they read their eBooks while they are posting?
Do they eat while they are posting?
Do they eat only finger food?
Spoiler:
Do they eat only food?
-- No
-- Rarely
-- What do you take me for?
Spoiler:
Wouldn't you like to know

Last edited by Ea; 08-20-2010 at 06:05 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-20-2010, 06:18 AM   #33
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
I always find this interesting that few readers call what they read a story .... always a book or ebook
A story, or a text, or a novel/essay/(put yours here).
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:25 AM   #34
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
A story, or a text, or a novel/essay/(put yours here).

Quite !

How often does one say "I'm going to read a story/novel" - more often it's a book ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:53 AM   #35
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
I know - I was only teasing you I don't eat that much bread myself though, or chips and dip, and lately I've stopped reading while eating - I don't want to spend 15-30 min. or more making dinner, just to shovel it down without tasting it. I'm a good cook, it would be a shame
There's the answer! I'm a very lackluster cook, so I need to distract myself while eating!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:00 AM   #36
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
There's the answer! I'm a very lackluster cook, so I need to distract myself while eating!
Old 08-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #37
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Not all books (e or p) tell a story.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:08 PM   #38
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Not all books (e or p) tell a story.

many do, especially fiction and non-technical ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #39
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Curious. Reading while eating has the opposite effect with me; it slows me down.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #40
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard

The first thing that came to mind was my paternal grandmother. When she talked about her "stories,' she was referring to her favorite "soap operas."
Old 08-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #41
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
The first thing that came to mind was my paternal grandmother. When she talked about her "stories,' she was referring to her favorite "soap operas."
Yep, around here also! I remember hearing a neighbor saying she couldn't be gone in the afternoons because she would miss her stories.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:30 PM   #42
John K
Reader
John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, Kobo Forma
I’m a highly skilled one finger hunt and peck typist so eliminating hyphens and capitalizations sounds good to me.

I’m fairly certain that reading is necessary to good digestion.
John K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:12 PM   #43
jes1
Zealot
jes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enough

Device: Astak EZReader, Dell Axim x50v, iPod Touch, nook
Which I prefer depends on if I am eating or not. If I am eating or drinking while typing, it is best to eliminate as many capitalizations or punctuations as possible. It keeps the keyboard cleaner if I only use one hand. And I agree, the word stories brings back memories of watching soap operas with my baby sitter when I was a very young child. I grew up with "Days of Our Lives", "Another World" and "The Doctors". It explains a lot about me.....
jes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:26 AM   #44
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jes1 View Post
Which I prefer depends on if I am eating or not. If I am eating or drinking while typing, it is best to eliminate as many capitalizations or punctuations as possible. It keeps the keyboard cleaner if I only use one hand. And I agree, the word stories brings back memories of watching soap operas with my baby sitter when I was a very young child. I grew up with "Days of Our Lives", "Another World" and "The Doctors". It explains a lot about me.....
Reading from an e-Book reader actually makes things a bit easier for me because I just need to keep only one finger clean.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:53 AM   #45
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Reading from an e-Book reader actually makes things a bit easier for me because I just need to keep only one finger clean.
Dearest, this will not restrain me to dance with you, I will just put gloves on.

I can wear your e-Bokk reader with a strap hanging from my neck if you are smaller, or up over my head if you are taller.

if it is illuminated we can dance in the night.

Last edited by beppe; 08-21-2010 at 05:10 AM.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote