Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #1
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Chapter order on kepub

I'm unsure what I did, but whenever I get to end of the chapter, instead of next chapter it goes somewhere back in the book. I have to go to table of content and choose correct chapter which gets annoying after some time. I deleted the book and redownloaded it, but it still has problem. How I'm supposed to fix it?
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca View Post
I'm unsure what I did, but whenever I get to end of the chapter, instead of next chapter it goes somewhere back in the book. I have to go to table of content and choose correct chapter which gets annoying after some time. I deleted the book and redownloaded it, but it still has problem. How I'm supposed to fix it?
Does it go to the correct chapter if you select a chapter manually from the TOC?

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
BryanK
Connoisseur
BryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo HD
Chapter order on kepub

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca View Post
I'm guessing your book has a multi-level table of contents; chapters within sections or subchapters within chapters. In this case, turning the page from the last page of a chapter causes my Kobo to flash several times as though it's trying repeatedly to read the next chapter and then finally return to the beginning of the chapter/section I'm on. AFAIK this happens on all Kobo devices and the only way to fix it is to rewrite the toc.ncx.
BryanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Yes, it goes to correct chapter from toc, and no, there are no multiple levels in toc.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
It looks like the "spine" in content.opf is wrong, this controls the order in which chapters flow throughout the book. You can re-arrange the spine using Sigil to drag and drop the chapter files into the correct order in the book browser pane.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@danicca: As this is a kepub, is it one you have sideloaded or one downloaded from Kobo?

If it is from Kobo, it looks like either the download was corrupted or the book is bad. What I would do is force another download. To do this, first, delete the book from the device. Then go to you the Kobo site and look at your library. Look in the trash section for the book. Select the book and press the "Undelete" button at the top. Then do a sync on the device. When the book has downloaded again, check it. If this doesn't fix it, complain to Kobo.

If you are sideloading an epub as a kepub, some of the other suggestions might help. If you are using calibre, an epub-to-epub conversion might fix it. Or simply opening in Sigil and forcing a save will probably fix it. If you make a fix like this, be sure to delete the book from the device before putting it back on.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanK View Post
I'm guessing your book has a multi-level table of contents; chapters within sections or subchapters within chapters. In this case, turning the page from the last page of a chapter causes my Kobo to flash several times as though it's trying repeatedly to read the next chapter and then finally return to the beginning of the chapter/section I'm on. AFAIK this happens on all Kobo devices and the only way to fix it is to rewrite the toc.ncx.
I can't say I have ever seen this. I have plenty of book with multi-level TOCs, an none have been broken with any firmware version. If you are seeing this with a kepub, then it might be different. I don't normally look inside the kepubs to see how the TOC is constructed.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #8
BryanK
Connoisseur
BryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I can't say I have ever seen this. I have plenty of book with multi-level TOCs, an none have been broken with any firmware version. If you are seeing this with a kepub, then it might be different. I don't normally look inside the kepubs to see how the TOC is constructed.
Very interesting. I have a couple of books that do this, both kepubs, but I thought at one point I had constructed my own test epub and gotten the same results. I'll try to find the test file once I get my main computer back from the shop. I'm on a Kobo Wifi, btw, so no flashy new firmware updates for me.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanK View Post
Very interesting. I have a couple of books that do this, both kepubs, but I thought at one point I had constructed my own test epub and gotten the same results. I'll try to find the test file once I get my main computer back from the shop. I'm on a Kobo Wifi, btw, so no flashy new firmware updates for me.
It's probably the Kobo WiFi. It has probably been fixed in the firmware for the newer devices.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #10
BryanK
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It's probably the Kobo WiFi. It has probably been fixed in the firmware for the newer devices.
Good to know. That will probably have an influence on when I decide to upgrade.