Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
How to merge libraries?

Hi,

I have to catalogs on two PC's that are 90% the same. I can copy the catalog from one PC to the other; but what about merging so that one PC has all the books?

Is this doable?

I know I can just copy the books, but I don't think that will update the database.

Thanks,

CL
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by clittle View Post
Hi,
I have to catalogs on two PC's that are 90% the same. I can copy the catalog from one PC to the other; but what about merging so that one PC has all the books?

Is this doable?

I know I can just copy the books, but I don't think that will update the database.

Thanks,
CL
I believe you mean two different libraries (collections of ebooks), not catalogs (ebooks containing descriptions of the ebooks your libraries). If so, this question should be asked in the Library Management section of the calibre forum.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@clittle - I think the Find Duplicates Plugin - Find Library Duplicates function can go a long way to helping you remove the duplicates from one of your libraries, prior to merging the two libraries.

Find Duplicates Plug-in
discussion thread - the first post has an excellent summary of current plugin functionality. The Find Library Duplicates function was introduced on July 20th 2012.

One you've done with finding and deleting duplicates then you should use Calibres Copy to Library feature to merge the two libraries.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-04-2012 at 09:37 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
First backup both libraries
Then you need both libraries on one computer. Easier if you name one a different name.
Then in preferences>adding books make sure automerge is selected.
Open each library (not necessary but puts in list)
select all books in one library, right click and select copy to libraryand clickon name of library(delete after copy) to copy to.

And it is done.

Again back up first please

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
Thank you all for your most helpful advice. I'll be following up.
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
merge catalogs