Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-31-2014, 08:40 PM   #1
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
N2A Kitkat 4.4 Update Available

I just got this email:

Quote:
Hi N2A Fans,

We are happy to announce that N2A Android Kit-Kat v4.4 is now available for the Nook Color, Nook Tablet, Nook HD, and Nook HD+. Kit-Kat 4.4 brings with it a faster experience for lower powered devices.

To get it is super simple. Go to the N2A "App Corner" app, preinstalled on your N2A Card. Tap on the Kit-Kat Upgrade logo at the top and then tap on the image of the Nook. The upgrade app will automatically start downloading to your device. Once finished tap on the downloaded file in the notification bar (available by swiping down from the top left of your device) or in your downloads folder (available in your app drawer). Follow the on-screen directions and you will have Kit-Kat running in lass than 20 minutes.

If you no longer have the N2A App Corner installed on your device you can get it by navigating to www.n2acards.com/appcorner
using the browser on your device.

If you have any questions or troubles you can reach us via the help link on our website. Thank you and we hope you enjoy the latest and greatest Google and N2A have to offer.

Sincerely,

The N2A Team
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:56 AM   #2
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
Yeah but they fail to tell you it's $9.99 for the upgrade. Think I'll reformat my card and flash kitkat myself for free.
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2014, 11:48 AM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Did you? I tried to image a CM card but no success. I might try it with n2a. If their imaging software works for me, it will be worth the $20.

I did it, and the write worked. Waiting for the tablet to boot up now.

And the verdict is, I really like it. Kitkat is superior to Ice Cream Sandwich. By using the card, it is dual boot, so I can go back to the Nook side whenever I might want. Running the OS from a card probably results in a slightly slower experience, but I knew that, and it is still worth it, to me. I used a 16gb class 4 Sandisk card. No regrets!

Last edited by booklover6; 05-11-2014 at 07:20 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:38 AM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Making a second card, now, for my daughter's Nook HD. Painless!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:32 AM   #5
suedenim
Connoisseur
suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox
Depends on the card I guess: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1005633

I have yet to see any stats for the internal card on the Nook
suedenim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #6
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by suedenim View Post
Depends on the card I guess: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1005633

I have yet to see any stats for the internal card on the Nook
There is no performance variability with the "internal card" as the case with external cards.

For discussion of bug/performance/etc. issues with internal emmc installation, see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2600572.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote