Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 02-04-2011, 04:14 AM   #1
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Easy way to modify thread subscription emails in bulk?

Just have run into a thing I can't figure out. Is it possible to select a group of subscribed threads then alter the email method? All I can find is to change them one at a time. I have it set to weekly and just don't have the time to deal with it.

I suppose I can just send the emails to the trash can using a filter on my end, but I don't want to miss anything important either. And yeah, i do realize that eventually these threads will die off or I could delete and recreate the subscriptions using a different email notification options, but that too is a time block-hole.

Not sure it's worth any time to add new code to the site simply because the threads do eventually fade away. so this is not a request for something new, everyone's time is limited these days and this is far too trivial to be that important. But if there is something I am not seeing I would love to know. Or a setting that could be turned on in the forum software that could be nice as well.

thanks!
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:12 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hi,

The easiest way to change the subscription method in bulk is to use the subscription manager in your control panel. Link:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sub...ewsubscription

Best,
Alex
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 06:25 AM   #3
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

coolness, thanks Alex.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:27 AM   #4
snipenekkid
Banned

just to follow up. sigh, I now see it was right there under my nose. I just assumed the checkboxes were only for deletion or moving the threads. My fault for misreading things.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:28 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sometimes it's difficult to see the forest for the trees. We're trying to streamline things here and there and remove unnecessary feature clutter, but there is still a lot hidden in the user panel that also I sometimes forget there is.
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Hi,

The easiest way to change the subscription method in bulk is to use the subscription manager in your control panel. Link:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sub...ewsubscription

Best,
Alex
Fortunately, or unfortunately, has to be done one page at a time .... Hint - don't let them build up too much, you'll find ancient threads suddenly appear when least expected ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Fortunately, or unfortunately, has to be done one page at a time ....
Small hack allowing you to reduce the number of pages... (add &pp=200 to the end of the URL):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sub...ription&pp=200
Old 02-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #8
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:13 AM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Well, you could always reduce the number to something more usable.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #10
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Small hack allowing you to reduce the number of pages... (add &pp=200 to the end of the URL):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sub...ription&pp=200
Thank you, for the "hack"!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Sometimes it's difficult to see the forest for the trees. We're trying to streamline things here and there and remove unnecessary feature clutter, but there is still a lot hidden in the user panel that also I sometimes forget there is.
I know what you mean. The other day I was looking for the visitor messages and couldn't find them anywhere. Finally I went to a post and clicked on my Avatar to find them. I noticed they were part of my profile but then I couldn't find my profile. Finally I notice that the title My Profile in user CP was actually a link. None of the other titles were so I wasn't expecting that.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:47 AM   #12
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I know what you mean. The other day I was looking for the visitor messages and couldn't find them anywhere. Finally I went to a post and clicked on my Avatar to find them. I noticed they were part of my profile but then I couldn't find my profile. Finally I notice that the title My Profile in user CP was actually a link. None of the other titles were so I wasn't expecting that.

Dale