Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 08:45 PM   #16
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.r View Post
How do you grab the apk file from a phone? I have a stock Nexus One and most apps just install without giving any option of saving the apk file. I search through the phone for the apk of an app I just installed on the phone and it's gone. Is there some sort of DL manager that will save a copy of the apk?

Thanks!

MR
Appmonster to back up and Astro to find for dropbox to upload.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:25 AM   #17
mark.r
Edge User

Thanks, AppMonster seems to have worked. Some day I may try rooting the phone, but I haven't found any compelling reason to do so yet.

MR

Old 05-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #18
corvettejoe
Edge User

I just finished reading an entire book on the e-reader this weekend.

The things I didn't like about it were its heavier weight when it's folded in half, and I sometimes kept hitting the tablet's buttons, turning it on and draining the battery. Once I tweaked it's screen time out settings and such, I was able to finish reading my book without needing to recharge it.

that and it's really thick (obviously) vs a normal e-reader only device.

I did think it was kind of cool that I could open both halves up like a book and hold it like a book, it was kind of easy to hold that way.
At one point I was reading late at night laying on my side, I folded the tablet screen back 90* and it held the e-reader up while I read sideways..that was kind of cool.

I do want to grab a little USB LED light so I can read it at night and not keep the wife awake.

So far I really like reading on an e-reader (this is my first experience with one).

I also don't think the time it took to change pages was really a problem at all to me. As much as people complain about it's slow "page turning".. I see what they are talking about, but that didn't bother me at all.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:38 AM   #19
Filark
Edge User

Glad you (mostly) enjoyed it, corvettejoe!

I've been reading on an ereader for almost 2 years now, and what I like about the eDGe is the different ways I can hold it, or put it in an ordinary bookstand, and being able to have a map of the places I'm reading about on the LCD side. That and being able to look up any old thing I wonder about without having to get up or heft my laptop onto the table. My Sony Reader has a better dictionary, but having Google, Wikipedia, and elsewhere in the book immediately available is soooo nice!

Someone (I forget who, sorry!) suggested using a flashlight app on the LCD side as a reading light for the e-ink side. I've tried it and it works quite well! That way you don't have to carry an extra gadget around. If you keep it half closed you can get the light on the page and not in your eyes. Try it! There are several free flashlight apps in the Amazon Appstore.

Page turns are better on the PE than on some (many??) of the other ereaders.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:27 AM   #20
mister_ed
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
I can't make an account at Appbrain.
Got yourself banned there too, huh?

-- Ed