Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-18-2010, 07:14 AM   #1
Zebri
Zebri began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ereader
Enhancement Request: Catalog

I'm not sure if this is meant to go here, so appologies if it is in the wrong section.

I would like to request a new catalog option for the Epub format. What I would like to see is a way to create a simple catalog of my books that can be opened on my reader. I know there are current catalogs but they contain a lot of information that I do not really need.

The idea behind this catalog is simple - to enable myself (and others if they choose) to view the series available and the order of the books in them. This would be perhaps a series per page no details just what books and what order to read them in - perhaps the authors name. For example:

Series 1
Book 1 - Author
Book 2 - Author
Book 3 - Author

Some of this information is available in the current Epub catalog but it appears to order the series by author rather than the books themselves.

At the moment I find myself either creating an index manually and adding that in, or putting a number infront of the book title to let myself know which order to read them in. This isn't obviously a major problem but I just thought the feature would be nice and perhaps useful to other people aswell.

Thankyou for taking the time to read my post.

Disclaimer:
This is obviously a personal enhancement request hence the use of I a lot. I speak only for myself and do not expect or demand anything including but not limited to immediate resolution, instant response, absolute agreement.
Zebri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:23 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Enhancement requests are created at at calibre's project management site. You will need to create a user ID, then once you're logged in, create a new ticket.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebri View Post
Disclaimer:
This is obviously a personal enhancement request hence the use of I a lot. I speak only for myself and do not expect or demand anything including but not limited to immediate resolution, instant response, absolute agreement.
... wait, what? Since when do you need to put disclaimers following feature requests?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote