Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-05-2009, 08:50 AM   #151
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
We had snow this morning Central London is clear of snow right now though. I expect where I live will still have some by tonight
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:54 AM   #152
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
We had a bad temperature drop here. Everything is freezing up. Good thing I have got a new battery for my car quite recently!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2009, 09:01 AM   #153
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Vancouver Weather

Unexpected snowfall overnight, transit a mess. Some haven't dug out their cars since Dec 22 snowfall.

Monday, January 5th, 2009

Monday MorningTemperature: 2°C Cloudy with a chance of of showers. Showers possibly mixed with wet flurries. 1 to 3 mm of rain.
Monday AfternoonTemperature: 3°C Cloudy with a slight chance of showers. 0 to 2 mm of rain.
Monday EveningTemperature: 3°C Cloudy with a slight chance of showers. Showers possibly mixed with wet flurries. 0 to 2 mm of rain.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:05 AM   #154
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Unexpected snowfall overnight, transit a mess. Some haven't dug out their cars since Dec 22 snowfall.

Monday, January 5th, 2009

Monday MorningTemperature: 2°C Cloudy with a chance of of showers. Showers possibly mixed with wet flurries. 1 to 3 mm of rain.
Monday AfternoonTemperature: 3°C Cloudy with a slight chance of showers. 0 to 2 mm of rain.
Monday EveningTemperature: 3°C Cloudy with a slight chance of showers. Showers possibly mixed with wet flurries. 0 to 2 mm of rain.
Ah, that lovely Vancouver weather. Used to live there, loved everything about Vancouver except for the weather. That can be so frankly nasty. (actually I did live in Victoria, but spend a lot of time in Vancouver)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #155
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Ah, that lovely Vancouver weather. Used to live there, loved everything about Vancouver except for the weather. That can be so frankly nasty. (actually I did live in Victoria, but spend a lot of time in Vancouver)
I lived in Victoria for 10 years, from 1982-1992, and it's hard to believe that a city only 40 miles south of where I live now can have weather that is so much better.
Advert
Old 01-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #156
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
A little bit of ice overnight, but nothing like the storm that took out power for more than half the state last month. Overcast today, but there was some nice sun yesterday.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:50 AM   #157
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Do you guys often get snow in paris?
no, hardly ever ! thus my excitement. i took a boatload of photos, i'll post a few of them later on. pretty !! but sweet baby jesus on a cracker, it is COLD outside !!!! i'm having some hot soup now to warm up. thank heavens for warm boots (although mine got wet from tramping around in the snow and it turns out they're not really waterproof ) and wool mittens !!! and warm hats too !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #158
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
no, hardly ever ! thus my excitement. i took a boatload of photos, i'll post a few of them later on. pretty !! but sweet baby jesus on a cracker, it is COLD outside !!!! i'm having some hot soup now to warm up. thank heavens for warm boots (although mine got wet from tramping around in the snow and it turns out they're not really waterproof ) and wool mittens !!! and warm hats too !!!
Don't look to Texas for help. Monday it was 25 C, now it is 0 C, with freezing rain. All the plant are developing icicles...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:12 AM   #159
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Don't look to Texas for help. Monday it was 25 C, now it is 0 C, with freezing rain. All the plant are developing icicles...
Sounds like an Alberta Clipper to me, but they usually don't go that far south.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 01-21-2009 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Wouldn't link to .html
Old 01-05-2009, 11:15 AM   #160
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
When I lived in San Antonio back in the 80's, they were called Alberta Clippers.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #161
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
When I lived in San Antonio back in the 80's, they were called Alberta Clippers.
The traditional name is a blue norther....(That goes back to the mid 1800's in Texas)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:25 AM   #162
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Since Alberta hasn't moved since 1980, they are probably still called Alberta Clippers.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #163
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
My condolences. If you'd wanted that kind of weather, you could have lived in New England or someplace like that.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:05 PM   #164
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

I saw a robin (the bird kind) this morning while walking the dog. They used to be a harbinger of spring. It's only January 6, the ground is covered with snow and it's currently raining and creating floods. It must have got blown in on the hurricane force winds that we had a couple of days ago. Spring comes here earlier than most places in this country, but this bird is very premature in it's arrival and will have a long wait for mate I fear. Probably something to do with this global warming stuff.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:17 PM   #165
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
I saw a robin (the bird kind) this morning while walking the dog. They used to be a harbinger of spring. It's only January 6, the ground is covered with snow and it's currently raining and creating floods. It must have got blown in on the hurricane force winds that we had a couple of days ago. Spring comes here earlier than most places in this country, but this bird is very premature in it's arrival and will have a long wait for mate I fear. Probably something to do with this global warming stuff.

Harbringer of spring.....!? We see robins every day - does that mean anything - I wonder .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds and lightning and, hugo and lefty