Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-02-2009, 11:16 AM   #136
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
In Florida, (at least around Orlando), many of the houses have hugh screened patios to keep the various bugs, Cockroaches, mosquitos, ect. out. Some of the houses have screening so large it encloses the pool....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #137
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Yes, but the aa should take care of most of them, while the ground, and more specifically the driveway and sidewalks, remain free of water less than 0 C in temperature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
the aa ?
Quote:
Anti Aircraft. Or Ack Ack. An essential upgrade to any home in Florida.
Right - that makes a lot more sense than the Automobile Association (a UK car breakdown service, usually shortened to the AA) taking car of them...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #138
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Right - that makes a lot more sense than the Automobile Association (a UK car breakdown service, usually shortened to the AA) taking car of them...
Here, that would be AAA or Triple A, for American Auto Association. And I don't believe they take care of flying roaches, either.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #139
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Here, that would be AAA or Triple A, for American Auto Association. And I don't believe they take care of flying roaches, either.
Here, that would be CAA, or Canadian Auto Association. And I bet a lot of members called in for the free towing with this latest snowfall.
We have flying trains but no flying roaches.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #140
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
In Florida, (at least around Orlando), many of the houses have hugh screened patios to keep the various bugs, Cockroaches, mosquitos, ect. out. Some of the houses have screening so large it encloses the pool....
We seem to have such a variety of exoskeletals here that they're too busy all trying to eat each other to be much bother to the hoomans. Unsurprisingly, there are few flies or mosquitoes. Everything eats everything else, and whatever's left gets eaten by all the geckos chirrupping around the walls, inside and out.

Except for the midgies down at the Woods. Tiny, tiny, but in such large numbers that, without Aerogard, you'll be wondering if you're being eaten one miniscule little mouthful at a time.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #141
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
We seem to have such a variety of exoskeletals here that they're too busy all trying to eat each other to be much bother to the hoomans. Unsurprisingly, there are few flies or mosquitoes. Everything eats everything else, and whatever's left gets eaten by all the geckos chirrupping around the walls, inside and out.

Except for the midgies down at the Woods. Tiny, tiny, but in such large numbers that, without Aerogard, you'll be wondering if you're being eaten one miniscule little mouthful at a time.

Cheers,
Marc
I love geckos.

When I was in Greece, at the hotel at our dig site, I saw this HUGE roach scurry across my bathroom floor. Naturally I freaked and made the hotel guy come kill it. The whole way to my room he's like "Oh no, there are no big bugs here, you are just being a baby, blah blah." Then when he got in my bathroom he jumped Then he's all like, "Don't get scared if there are lizards in your room too, they eat the bugs."

I said, "If lizards will eat those roaches, they are most welcome to hang out in my room."

Reptiles don't really bother me.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:59 PM   #142
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I love geckos.
I asked them, and they said they love you right back.

Quote:
Reptiles don't really bother me.
Excellent. We've also got Percy the Carpet Python somewhere under our spa hunting small, furry, horsey-doovers, and the occasional metre-or-so-long lace monitors/goannas occasionally popping down the street from the National Park. There are skinks too, but they're everywhere, and too quick to focus on much.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 01-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #143
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I asked them, and they said they love you right back.

Excellent. We've also got Percy the Carpet Python somewhere under our spa hunting small, furry, horsey-doovers, and the occasional metre-or-so-long lace monitors/goannas occasionally popping down the street from the National Park. There are skinks too, but they're everywhere, and too quick to focus on much.

Cheers,
Marc
Yep, I wouldn't mind that. Unless I had a small outdoor animal.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:05 PM   #144
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I agree, I'd prefer reptiles to insects of almost any description. Though I do draw the line at poisonous snakes.

Perhaps that's one advantage to the climate here. No snakes in winter, and even in the summer, there's only one poisonous snake that lives up here, and it's rare.

Clear and cold today. Supposed to stay that way for several days. I can deal.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:05 AM   #145
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?

yeah baby !!

along with that it's freezing, seriously, and tomorrow will be colder (i plan to spend the day inside, although i will have to go out in the evening) : we are getting cold air directly from siberia and scandinavia !!

going outside now to take some photos of the snow !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:10 AM   #146
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
i plan to spend the day inside....going outside now to take some photos of the snow !
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:11 AM   #147
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
i mean tomorrow.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:22 AM   #148
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
i mean tomorrow.
Ah, yes I see, it is just possible that maybe I read it wrong.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #149
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

yeah baby !!

along with that it's freezing, seriously, and tomorrow will be colder

Not much chance of snow. However, the upstairs air-conditioner is now fixed (the several fried geckos have been removed, the board replaced, and a pest-protection barrier installed), so if I turn it down real cool and perhaps fire a fine water mist into the air...?

Cheers,
Marc
Old 01-05-2009, 08:39 AM   #150
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

yeah baby !!

along with that it's freezing, seriously, and tomorrow will be colder (i plan to spend the day inside, although i will have to go out in the evening) : we are getting cold air directly from siberia and scandinavia !!

going outside now to take some photos of the snow !
Do you guys often get snow in paris?

Tags
clouds and lightning and, hugo and lefty