Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-16-2020, 10:04 AM   #16
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyD View Post
Deskisamess: I downloaded the 3.4 version and got this file: Update_kindle_3.4_B008.bin. Using Finder I transferred it to the Kindle. It does not show up on the Kindle. When I re-connect the Kindle to the computer, Finder show the file on the Kindle. It is not in the home page. The Update your Kindle option is greyed out.
Any suggestions??
You either have the wrong .bin file, or you placed it in the wrong location on the Kindle.

Don't put it in any of the folders, it has to be in the main Kindle directory. The file won't show in the Home screen of the Kindle.

Make sure you downloaded the correct update file for your Kindle...double check the serial number.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 10:26 AM   #17
DerbyD
DerbyD began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle D00901
Thank you. I had put it in the documents folder but just now moved it to the Kindle (no folder). The Upgrade your Kindle is no longer greyed out and the Kindle is upgrading as I write this. I need to do one more upgrade after this. I'll let you know if this solves my problems.
Again, thank you.
DerbyD
DerbyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2020, 10:49 AM   #18
DerbyD
DerbyD began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle D00901
Thanks to you and all of your help. I have created my first collection and all is working well.
DerbyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 10:55 AM   #19
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyD View Post
Thanks to you and all of your help. I have created my first collection and all is working well.
I do love a happy ending!
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote