Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
irish66
irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.

Device: kobo touch
kobo only able to remember what's on the device

I have 110 books and comics on the kobo touch. I generally sync when i add something new. i'm not sure if this is necessary. Sometimes I get the message sync cancelled. At one stage the message kept appearing. Eventually I chanced my arm and disconnected it without getting the "ready to unplug" message. I then tried to reconnect it. I had difficulty. but eventually got it. I tried syncing again, and when the message to eject came up. I did. All the items i put on the device seemed to be there. But what's happening is that the device seems to forget most of the items on it. It will be fine at first, and all items will appear. But if i choose to turn it on 5 or 6 hours later. only about 5 or 6 of the items will appear.

update.
I usually power it off. This time I'm going to leave it on sleep overnight and see what happens tomorrow.

Last edited by irish66; 12-23-2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: I love to edit.
irish66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:44 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
From the description, you are losing books and probably reading positions when you power off the ereader and restart it. But, it is fine so long as it sleeps rather than powers off. If that is the case, it usually means the database on the device is corrupt. The simplest fix is to logout on the device. This will do a restart and take you through the basic setup. Part of that is creating an empty database and reloading the books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
irish66
irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.

Device: kobo touch
Hi David. Yes, the stuff is saved if i just go to sleep mode. Thanks for the advice on what to do.
irish66 is offline   Reply With Quote