Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-23-2020, 05:20 PM   #1
tlwright
tlwright began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablet; Kindle PW; Fire 10
Virtual Libraries - Using Multiple searches to make one virtual library

I've looked through the documentation and search info, and I can't quite find what I am looking for.

Is there a way to take two searches and combine them into one virtual library? I have books added on two dates, weeks apart with other books added in between, and I want to merge records as the later date has the same files as the first date but with different titles. I'd like them in a virtual library so I just have those particular files while I clean them up.

Duplicate search does not work as they happen to have different file sizes for random reasons, and I haven't had much luck with a similar title/author search as the authors aren't most of the newer files.
tlwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 05:26 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Parenthesis and the OR operator, e.g.

(date:=2020-1-1) OR (date:>7daysago)

You can also nest parentheses. This is my ridiculous saved search for "read again":

Code:
(#read:true AND #lastread:true AND #lastread:<365daysago AND (rating:">2" OR rating:false)) OR (#read:true AND rating:false AND #lastread:false AND (not tags:"=.Documentation and Manuals" AND not tags:"=.Magazines and Periodicals" AND not tags:"=.Nonfiction") AND not #fanficstatus:"=In-Progress" AND not #fanficstatus:"=Oneshot") AND #readorder:false

Last edited by ownedbycats; 07-23-2020 at 05:31 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:00 PM   #3
tlwright
tlwright began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablet; Kindle PW; Fire 10
Thank you! I was poking at everything to figure that out and had no luck. That search you shared is a thing of beauty and gave me an idea for my library.
tlwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:29 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
those date operations (like daysago) are described in the Searching section of the official (help) documentation
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote