Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-23-2020, 04:21 PM   #1
Ice_Elf
Ice_Elf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Author sort sorting by first name rather than last.

Hi all, hoping you can help with a problem that's been bugging me.

Having purchased one book in a series from a non amazon source and wanting to transfer it to the kindle app on my fire, I've imported it to calibre and then exported it to the device.

All well and good, except that the book is showing up in the J section of the app, where it would be if sorted by first name, rather than in the H section with the rest of the series.

Checked the metadata and it's reading last name, first name in author sort, as it should. Author field is listed first name, last name, and both boxes are highlighted green so presumably no problems.

Not sure what's gone wrong here at all. If anyone can stop me tearing my hair out it would be appreciated.
Ice_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 04:26 PM   #2
Horus68
Zealot
Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Maybe the metadata edited by Calibre isn't embedded in the actual book files (the book files could have a different metadata)
Horus68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 04:29 PM   #3
Ice_Elf
Ice_Elf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Solved!

Sometimes it just takes a ranty post to unlock memories. I realised I'd had the issue before and remembered that I'd had to recovert to mobi and check a sort by author sort box.

This solved it.

Going to make a note of this for next time.
Ice_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote