Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-22-2020, 11:13 PM   #1
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
In "Review Downloaded Metadata" window, how can I remove 2 fields (Language; Rating)?

How can I hide the language field and the rating field from the "Review downloaded metadata" window?
All my books are in English and I don't use ratings.

My laptop has a 15.6inch screen, and I'd like to do less scrolling.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 11:45 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Have you tried removing the checkmarks for those two items in Preferences => Metadata Download? (It's under the Sharing section). See attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	metadata_field_control.png
Views:	87
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	180861  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 11:49 PM   #3
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hi DNSB,
That doesn't remove them. It just means that the corresponding metadata won't be downloaded.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:59 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I don't think that is customizable without getting into 'running from source' territory.
Got flat screen TV? Most will accept a video connection (VGA or HDMI) .

Old American adage: There is no substitute for cubic square inches (and as my eyes get weaker, the 50" screen is getting more tempting to replace my desktop monitor. (My first monitor was 12" , boy have things changed )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:33 AM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I don't think that is customizable without getting into 'running from source' territory.
Got flat screen TV? Most will accept a video connection (VGA or HDMI) .

Old American adage: There is no substitute for cubic square inches (and as my eyes get weaker, the 50" screen is getting more tempting to replace my desktop monitor. (My first monitor was 12" , boy have things changed )
I tend to get a chuckle out of the number of older people who get talked into purchasing a laptop of whatever flavor. Rather often, their next purchases are a monitor, mouse and probably keyboard.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:38 AM   #6
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Laptops scare me to some extent. Everything's so crammed together.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 12:54 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I tend to get a chuckle out of the number of older people who get talked into purchasing a laptop of whatever flavor. Rather often, their next purchases are a monitor, mouse and probably keyboard.
My last Laptop was a 17" model because it ALSO had a number pad.

That was a decade ago. What I found hilarious, I visited my sister last year.
The Laptop she was using was the same Toshiba Series (different options)
We had been Skypeing each other for years on these
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote