Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-14-2020, 03:20 PM   #1
BKPhil
BKPhil began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre/FBreader/Samsung
"Match book to library" option missing

Using Calibre Companion over Calibre wireless connection to sync library to device.

Books were previously synced over USB. After initial wireless handshake and sync, both system are good, vast majority of books are 'in sync' - Calibre sees them, CC sees them, all good.

Handful of books are however not recognized properly. They're on device, CC sees them, Calibre sees same book in its library on PC with same file name, they should 'connect', but don't.

Trying to troubleshoot, advice online is to connect device wirelessly, then go into Device tab in Calibre, find the books without a checkmark in the "In Library" column, then right click and choose "Match book to library".

Problem is, I don't get that option in my drop-down list. I get: View / Save to Disk /Remove Book / Add Books to Library / Manage collection.

Is that function no longer in Calibre, or am I missing some crucial step in the process?
BKPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 05:11 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Go to Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Toolbars and Menus > Context menu for books on device. You should be able to add it there.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:53 AM   #3
BKPhil
BKPhil began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre/FBreader/Samsung
Thank you - that did the trick!
BKPhil is offline   Reply With Quote