Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-14-2008, 03:06 PM   #301
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Zany Carter Patricia please
I´m soooo glad, you´ll join me and I won´t be alone on my first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

... pointing to the strawberry waves running up the sugar-beach.

Cheers,
The Barman
STRAWBERRY WAVES RUNNING UP THE SUGAR-BEACH???!!! I doubt, I´d want to come back from that! So maybe some Zany Carter One Way would perfectly do for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
thus the old sayings, "it ain't over till the wolpertinger yodels (but when that happens you better head for the hills)" and "it's all fun and games until the wolpertingel starts yodeling."
Exactly. And, of course, there´s the very famous song line "Don´t you monkey with the Wolpertinger".
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 03:12 PM   #302
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
I´m soooo glad, you´ll join me and I won´t be alone on my first time
You'll enjoy it, honest! It has chocolate in it
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 03:14 PM   #303
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
You'll enjoy it, honest! It has chocolate in it
or, at the very least, it's sure to be unforgettable. well, except for the habitual amnesia, of course. but that usually mostly wears off after a few days.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:59 AM   #304
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
O, I wasn´t saying there weren´t hallucinations. After a certain amount of Maß usually some trumpet-blowing Wolpertingers show up (note: a Wolpertinger is not a squirrel, but may be distantly related, for more information on Wolpertingers see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolpertinger), noshing brezels with cotton candy and radish and offering cigars. At that time you should definitely leave and head for the Wine tent, because another Maß would make the Wolpertingers yodel - and yodelling Wolpertingers, well, would give you a hard time.
Ah, one of those... yeah, we have one here in Sweden as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skvader
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #305
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Ah, one of those... yeah, we have one here in Sweden as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skvader
A real cutie, that Skvader. Ever seen one?
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:38 AM   #306
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
A real cutie, that Skvader. Ever seen one?
Yeah, I've seen THE Skvader, since wifey is from Sundsvall where they have the original, we went to look at it once when we were up there visiting with relatives
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:35 PM   #307
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Yes, but the grass is generally a little bit more turquoise.

Have you been drinking?

I woke up on the eleventy-fiftieth of the month of Jarch to a beautiful, clear zorange sky. The thick turquoise grass cushioned the seventh-to-twelfth of my eighteen buttocks like a row of botanical egg-cups. To my left, pshrynk snored Tchai-tea-v-sky's 3141 Overture loudly, lavender bubbles shaped into llamas bursting lightly from his nostrils and drifting into my left ear to burst like canonfire at appropriate moments. He was still cuddled up against that feminine-shaped piece of driftwood we found up in the dunes, cooing lovesongs to it in his sleep (Got wood? He sure did). To my right was Adrian, investigating to depths of one of his ears with a painted nail and looking intently down at me. "OO!", he said, in a manner that seemed to suggest "I am not going to wait around here all afterbrunch when there are perfectly good windows rollicking in the waves that I can interfenestrate" and it seemed like a perfectly reasonable comment so I sat up and realised my view hadn't changed so I reattached my head with the staple gun Adrian was holding out for me. "OO-OOOO!" he said, pointing to the strawberry waves running up the sugar-beach. He was right - those windows playing in the surf weren't going to be so open to interfenestration for long. I stood up, and seven squirrels fell from my sequinned kilt, looked up at me, said, "Giggle", and ran for the waves.

Who was I to argue? My buttocks detached from the grass with popping sounds like Popcorn (the musical number, not the food), and I followed, gallampering calluminatively towards the shore break, googlies teased by the kumquat zest on the sea breeze like an ice wind across a plate of meat-and-potatoes.

'Twas going to be a fine day. I'd wake pshrynk up in a few minutes, and we'd try figure out when we were and how many drinks we'd need to consume to pass through the other side of the hungunder into last week so we could catch up with yesterday and find out which gutter to pour ourselves into in front of a streetsweeper that could re-outside-in our cerebellums with its whirling dervish brushes (that reminds me, I must call that whirling dervish back - I think I wrote his number down on buttock number thrwo).

In the meantime, some windows needed some lovin'. Adrian, me and the squirrels dived into the waves...

Cheers,
The Barman
When this is being written I'm on a plane going to the Caribbean, so I'll have to catch up with you next yesterday and we can make the calculations on the dosage. I think I've got the new quantum calculus just about perfected, so there should be minimal error. Of course, by minimal, I actually mean "Within a century or two."
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #308
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I am not naked anymore.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:33 AM   #309
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
well done!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:52 PM   #310
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'm not necromanticizing a thread.

Damn!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:52 PM   #311
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I am no longer dancing by the window.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:29 AM   #312
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I am NOT cleaning. I think my husband should have to clean for his own fatherʻs visit! I donʻt want to! *grumpy whiney voice*
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:03 AM   #313
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
I am not sleeping any more. Will it be nice here also?
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:08 AM   #314
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I am not naked anymore.
Nice bump!

I am not working again!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:44 AM   #315
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
wow !

Am i not glad i'm not the one that keeps reviving these good old threads ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unutterable silliness