Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-02-2010, 04:02 AM   #16
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobarefeet View Post
Thats kind of a drag to have to have your ebooks in 2 separate applications.
Though not as much of a drag as using two (or more) separate devices, surely..?
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #17
FireFeather
FireFeather began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim / Apple iPhone
Has anyone found the iBookstore yet? I was trying to located it (sans iPad) to check out formats and prices and whatever DRM restrictions they might employ. I haven't had any success locating it and am starting to wonder if you can only access it via the iPad itself.
FireFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2010, 01:23 PM   #18
Tamara
Evangelist
Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFeather View Post
Has anyone found the iBookstore yet? I was trying to located it (sans iPad) to check out formats and prices and whatever DRM restrictions they might employ. I haven't had any success locating it and am starting to wonder if you can only access it via the iPad itself.
It's not online yet. It'll most likely appear after the iPad release tomorrow.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:59 AM   #19
dhiru
Connoisseur
dhiru began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, Irex iliad, sony prs950, kindle Dx, Ipad
from Pc world FAQ

"Is there any way to get files off of the device? Can I access the filesystem when it's docked?

The iPad apps have access to a file-sharing area, which you can see when you attach the iPad to a Mac or PC via iTunes. In the Apps tab, there's a File Sharing area with two interface areas, Apps and Documents, next to each other. Click on an app in the Apps area, and a list of its files will appear in the Documents area. You can drag compatible files into this area--for example, Pages and Word files when Pages is selected--and even drag them out of that area out onto your desktop. You can even rename the files right from within iTunes. It's all a bit rudimentary, but it does seem to work. This system should allow app developers to ditch the desktop-uploader apps they've had to use up to now."
dhiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:53 AM   #20
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
So, finally... can you read pdfs on the iPad? I don't care about the iBook app because 95% of my library is on pdfs rendering it 99% useless (yes, the rest is also either djvu or some rtf or doc).

If you can read pdfs on the iPad I don't care, I'm getting it (cheapest solution for reading large pdfs, specially good for scientific publications).

GJMS
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2010, 01:26 PM   #21
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessangel View Post
So, finally... can you read pdfs on the iPad? I don't care about the iBook app because 95% of my library is on pdfs rendering it 99% useless (yes, the rest is also either djvu or some rtf or doc).

If you can read pdfs on the iPad I don't care, I'm getting it (cheapest solution for reading large pdfs, specially good for scientific publications).

GJMS
If safari can access that shared area and you put your PDFs there.... yes. Although, there is another thread where people are liking GoodRead for iPad which is $.99 and lets you d/l PDFs from various places.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #22
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
there will also be numerous office type apps such as quickoffice which allow PDF reading and editing which will all be adapted for iPad.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:38 PM   #23
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I'm just dissapointed I can't actually read it from itunes!

Would have been an easy way to preview books before moving them onto the device.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #24
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
I'm just dissapointed I can't actually read it from itunes!

Would have been an easy way to preview books before moving them onto the device.
Are you on mac? I know there is similiar for Windows, Im planning on making an automator or hazel(great program) that will automatically move a epub created in Calibre to my iTunes auto add folder and then onto my iPad.

then adding a book to calibre will auto add it to my iTunes and iPad as an epub.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:23 AM   #25
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFeather View Post
It's only available from within the iBooks app on the iPad. In the top left corner of iBooks there is a "Store" button; tapping takes you to right to it.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #26
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
Are you on mac? I know there is similiar for Windows, Im planning on making an automator or hazel(great program) that will automatically move a epub created in Calibre to my iTunes auto add folder and then onto my iPad.

then adding a book to calibre will auto add it to my iTunes and iPad as an epub.
Sounds great. Need alpha/beta testers?

Is it done yet? Now?

How 'bout now?
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #27
stustaff
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
Sounds great. Need alpha/beta testers?

Is it done yet? Now?

How 'bout now?
Im in the UK so you will have to wait 3 weeks
Old 04-05-2010, 01:31 PM   #28
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Oh, okay. I guess we have wait for Doctor Who* so maybe it evens out.

It sounds like a great idea, though, and I'm serious about testing/helping if I can.

(*well, we're supposed to wait.....)
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #29
stustaff
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
Oh, okay. I guess we have wait for Doctor Who* so maybe it evens out.

It sounds like a great idea, though, and I'm serious about testing/helping if I can.

(*well, we're supposed to wait.....)
Noprobs and thanks, im hoping it will be relatively straigt forward so just waiting on itunes really!