Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-12-2010, 11:22 PM   #1
wildeny
wildeny began at the beginning.

Device: vivlio Touch HD Plus (PB632)
Question Sunrise XP-like app for iPhone/iPod Touch?

I used to read news articles/ebook on my Palm TE 2. Plucker & Sunrise XP have been very handy for me.

Last week I got this new iPod Touch (32GB). Already installed Stanza and New York Times app.
However, I like how Plucker+Sunrise XP did in fetching the news article. In Firefox, I just right click at a web page and choose "Clip with Sunrise XP". The article will appear in my PDA after the next sync.

My question is, how can do I this with my iPod Touch?

I installed Calibre in my PC and know that it offers news feeds. But I don't need to get all the news articles in one site. I just want some particular articles that interest me.

Last edited by wildeny; 01-13-2010 at 02:45 AM.
wildeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:08 AM   #2
jennstall
jennstall began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
There's an app called Instapaper that does what you want. They have a Firefox bookmark that you can use and when you next open your app on the iPod it will sync your latest bookmarked articles. You can also set it up to bookmark articles and send them to the app from the iPod's version of Safari which is very nifty since I find it much easier to read longer articles through the Instapaper app than on the Safari browser.

I think this is probably one of the best apps for the iPhone.

Evernote can also do something very similar, but in my opinion the formatting that Instapaper does makes articles much more reader-friendly.

I signed up just so I could answer this question
jennstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2010, 11:17 PM   #3
wildeny
wildeny began at the beginning.

Device: vivlio Touch HD Plus (PB632)
Thanks for the reply. This sounds like "Read It Later" that I tried before. I haven't checked out Instapaper yet.

[Edited] Umm.. this two does have option to read web pages offline. I will see which one is better.

Last edited by wildeny; 01-18-2010 at 03:31 AM.
wildeny is offline   Reply With Quote