Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 12-18-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
mischief
mischief began at the beginning.

Device: Rocket eBook
Rocketr eBook software

Hello. I just acquired a Nuvomedia Rocket eBook, and I need help. Where can I download the software neede so that I can download ebooks to it. I already have some ebooks waitng on my computer, but I'd like to move them to the ebook reader. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
The Rocket eBook wiki page might be a good place to start.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #3
mischief

thank you
Old 12-27-2008, 11:59 PM   #4
mischief

Hi. I've got another problem that I'm hopeing someone can help me with. I was able to download the software with no problem. I insalled it, connected the ebook reader and when I tried to run the software, I got an error message. It says" An error occurred while connecting to your serial port. You will not be able to comjunicte with your Rocket eBook during this session. Make sure your serial port is not in useby another application." I haveit plugged into the only serial port it will fit into. How do I find out if another application is using the serial port? Two things that might help. My desktop is running Vista, and it is acustom machine. I have contacted the person who made it for me, but he has not responded yet. I know it's the holidays, but I do want to tr and figure this ont. Thanks in advance
Old 12-28-2008, 10:54 AM   #5
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Can't really help you troulbeshoot your serial port, but when I gave my Rocket Ebook to my folks, I also got the one of these:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...43&dcaid=17902

because their machine didn't have a serial port. This worked well for connecting the Rocket via USB.

Can't make any guarantees , but if you can't get the serial port to work, it's an option to try.
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2008, 04:26 PM   #6
mischief

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'll probably have to do that too.