Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #16
Hiro-kun
Hiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
John F, the original poster has addressed this in another thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=13

He says there: "Yes, it turns out that my database was corrupted. It happened to coincide with the firmware update so I originally assumed the two were related."
The only other thing that I did prior to this update that was different from my other updates was that I had KoboLauncher installed but uninstalled it not long before the update using the developer's instructions. Everything seemed fine until after the update finished. I'm not saying that KoboLauncher did something to my device, but this is all I can think of right now.
Hiro-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:30 PM   #17
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
John F, the original poster has addressed this in another thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=13

He says there: "Yes, it turns out that my database was corrupted. It happened to coincide with the firmware update so I originally assumed the two were related."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro-kun View Post
The only other thing that I did prior to this update that was different from my other updates was that I had KoboLauncher installed but uninstalled it not long before the update using the developer's instructions. Everything seemed fine until after the update finished. I'm not saying that KoboLauncher did something to my device, but this is all I can think of right now.
So it sounds to me like it may or may not be related to the update. IMO. YMMV.

"Corrupted database" is the new cycle power to solve/ignore problems.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2014, 08:07 PM   #18
Hiro-kun
Hiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blue

I have thought of another possible cause of my database corruption. I received the update through a USB connection to Kobo Desktop. When it asked me to eject the reader, I ejected through "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media", but I may have yanked the cord a little too soon.
Hiro-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:38 PM   #19
Lfverzi
Lfverzi began at the beginning.

My kobo glo doesn't remember the wifi network, I have to digit the wifi password every time I need the connection..
It's incredibly boring!!
Anyone has a solution?

Last edited by Lfverzi; 04-13-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Lfverzi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, glo