Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #76
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I just noticed the Yellow Icons w/Plus

Over here (USA), Yellow is a caution color (The color I would have chosen for removal needed message).
Why not Gray (with the Plus) to indicate not Active and Not installed since Gray is an installed PI that is disabled.
Can you do the message Black on a yellow background for good contrast?

Last edited by theducks; 04-23-2011 at 11:20 AM. Reason: more
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:20 AM   #77
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I just noticed the Yellow Icons w/Plus

Over here (USA), Yellow is a caution color (The color I would have chosen for removal needed message).
Why not Gray (with the Plus) to indicate not Active and Not installed since Gray is an installed PI that is disabled.
Can you do the message Black on a yellow background for good contrast?
Yellow is a good idea TD!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #78
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Yellow is a nasty colour for text I'm afraid unless as you say it is done on a black background, and then it all would start looking like a nasty kaleidoscope.

Sorry guys, blue it is
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #79
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Yellow is a nasty colour for text I'm afraid unless as you say it is done on a black background, and then it all would start looking like a nasty kaleidoscope.

Sorry guys, blue it is
Black text on a yellow background. That is what Sigil does for warnings
Black text on pale red is for Errors

The text is always black

(And yes, yellow text on white/light color is terrible to see)
Old 04-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #80
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ahhh, apologies for misreading your suggested usage of yellow/black.

But I still don't like it. I'm not aware of other parts of Calibre making use of coloured backgrounds so I don't want to start a disturbing trend here, I find too much colour to be garish. Kovid suggested blue and as it will become part of Calibre one day his vote counts the most for not spending the next 3 days going back and forth with various other permutations. Life is too short and my todo list is too long!

If you don't like it you can always edit the code, or send me a petition of no less than a thousand signatures...
Old 04-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #81
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post

If you don't like it you can always edit the code, or send me a petition of no less than a thousand signatures...
That is way to few to be a valid consensus of the "Total users: 2,827,330 (for calibre releases from Aug, 2009)"
Old 04-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #82
kiwidude

v1.1.3 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Add support for ";Deprecated: Yes" to highlight plugins that have reached end of life
  • Add reading of deprecated plugins from a special section at end of forum post
  • Support multiple comma separated targets for the "; Uninstall: xxx,yyy" forum page value
  • Mirror logic added by Kovid to ensure adding a plugin with same name as a built-in one is rejected

Requires Calibre 0.7.57.

@Kovid - I gave your "what happens when a plugin becomes part of Calibre" code a test and it worked fine.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #83
Loeffel
Connoisseur
Loeffel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
Hello,

I found an error in the plugin updater that isn't that important, just annoying. When you install a plugin and an error occures during installation (syntax or any other error in source) the plugin ist installed nervertheless.
When you try to install it then in a error free version just the error occures:
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute

You must deinstall the plugin and restart Calibre. Afterwards everything is fine again.
Loeffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #84
kiwidude

@Loeffel - what plugin is giving you errors when you install it?

Also for future reference it would be immensely helpful to paste in the full error message from the details window.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #85
Loeffel
Connoisseur

I got this error when testing my changes on the copy_cover_to_device plugin, where I just overlooked something.
Normally that shouldn't be possible as plugins should be tested that way, just wanted to report it anyway.
You can easily produce this error.
Leave out a : at an if-clause and add the plugin. Correct the error, import it again. The first time it was imported even though there was the error, afterwards you got the error message above.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:17 PM   #86
kiwidude

So you weren't actually using plugin updater at the time you added your "dud" plugin, right? I'm struggling with where plugin updater actually fits into this picture. It already has logic in it (from an issue reported a while ago) to handle downloading a "dud" plugin.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:24 PM   #87
Loeffel
Connoisseur

Ohh, excuse me, just was thinking wrong. UPS. Its not the updater. It is the normal import routine of Calibre, so it is wrong here, got confused by something else. Sorry. it is NOT the updater it is the Calibre import routine.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:41 AM   #88
zhw007
zhw007 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
It seems this plugin doesn't work without a direct http connection (via http proxy).

I always get an ERROR dialoguebox telling "Unable to reach the MobileRead plugins forum index page."

How can I work around this issue?

Thank.
zhw007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #89
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
@kiwidude

And here is a new possible function:
Filter plugins based on calibre version.
I use 0.8 so the goodreads-plugins prior to 0.8 can not be installed.
Is it possible to filter plugins that are not compatible with the current version?

(So for 0.8 remove prior versions and for 0.7.x remove later versions)

Would be a nice option. Or maybe you could show plugins that need a more recent version of calibre but disable them (gray) so you can see there are more plugins if you upgrade to a new version of calibre.
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #90
kiwidude

@drMerry - it already does this. I just haven't updated the plugins index page to reflect the deprecated status for those plugins. It has only been out for a few hours...

@zhw007 - Welcome to MobileRead. Unfortunately I know nothing about proxy servers. The plugin uses the same browser object that I believe is used for metadata downloads, which IIRC is based around retrieving your IE proxy server settings if any. Do metadata downloads work? Perhaps Kovid may have some suggestions on this.