Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
iTunes/AppStore refuses my credit card

This is strange.

I've registred on iTunes when I got my iPad, a few weeks ago. I've been using my credit card and made some purchases, which were debited from my account.

Suddenly, one day, iTunes wasn't abble to charge 1,59€ for a App I've downloaded. And since then, it refuses my credit card (and my father's, we've tried) and shows a pending fee of 1,59€. And it doesn't allow me to download anything, even free apps.

I've tried my credit card in a couple other international online stores, and everything went smoothly, so the problem is not my card or my bank.

I've sent iTunes an email Sep/12th, got a reply on Sept/13th that they would look at the matter. No reply since then (yeasterday asked for an update of the situation, no reply).

Is this happening (or happened) to someone? This is really hurting my iPad experience.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Do you have any stores around you that sell iTunes gift cards? You could try that.

My son has my credit card on his account but has never put a charge on it as he always uses gift cards - one of the rules we set up when we opened his iTunes account.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

iTunes refuses to sell me gift cards, due to my location (we have Apple Stores here, but the portuguese sites has no option for gift cards).
Old 09-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #4
Over
Wizard

Urgh! 6th day, problem not solved. I don't even get an answer from iTunes Store!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:42 AM   #5
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Are you trying to buy from a foreign iTunes store with a Portuguese credit card?
If so, that is probably why the transaction is being refused.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 05:57 PM   #6
Over
Wizard

I don't know witch store is it, although I noticed that:

1- I've bought apps successfuly with my credit card.
2- I've noticed some app reviews in portuguese and none in english or any other language
3- Although iPad is not available in Portugal, there's a iTunes Store in this country (although I can't be sure that's the one my iPad is synching to).

I probably should ask for a refund of the iPad if they don't let me use it in its full capacity.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:13 PM   #7
clockworkzombie
Connoisseur
clockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to behold

Device: iPad
When you go to the iTunes store look at the bottom of the page there will be a picture of a flag and you can click on this to change the country, make sure it is set to your store and see what happens.
clockworkzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:34 PM   #8
Over
Wizard

It's set to the portuguese store. I've tried to change country, but when it asks me to login, it changes to the portuguese again.

Today I received a receipt from iTunes. The 1,59€ was charged from another credit card I've used, when I tried to associate my account with it, no knowing why my other credit card was refused.

When I tried to download a free app, to see if everything was okay, there's still the same problem. Refuses my credit card. And when I tried again the other credit card (from which they charged the pending 1,59€), a message appeared saying I can't associate more than 5 cards to my account in 30 days...

Why, Apple/iTunes?!
Old 09-18-2010, 10:49 PM   #9
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
Contact your CC company. They were probably the ones who placed the hold, not Apple. This happens quite often when I buy international merchandise.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:47 PM   #10
Over
Wizard

It's all clear from my bank.

And Apple still doesn't reply or anything.

If I could, I would jailbreak my ipad right now. I'm really frustrated with Apple/iTunes Store. I want to pay and they won't let me or even bother to answer me!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:45 PM   #11
Over
Wizard

For some reason, it's accepting my credit card again. I didn't receive any reply, but the problem is solved... for now.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:08 AM   #12
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
I buy gift cards from an American I met on eBay. Very trustworthy and only charges one or two dollars above the value of the gift card. i pay him using PayPal and he sends me the numbers via email. This way I have access to everything I want. If you want his contact information, let me know.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:58 AM   #13
lazyartist
lazyartist began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad is my only Computer :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
For some reason, it's accepting my credit card again. I didn't receive any reply, but the problem is solved... for now.
Ahhh, it was one of those, opps we could get in trouble if we admit we messed up so we will silently fix the problem and hope the customer doesn't investigate further type of deals.
lazyartist is offline   Reply With Quote