Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Highly Challenging Vote • July 2013, Multiple Choice
The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner 5 23.81%
The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling by Henry Fielding 6 28.57%
The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 6 28.57%
Paradise Lost by John Milton 5 23.81%
Histories by Herodotus 10 47.62%
On the Nature of Things by Lucretius 7 33.33%
Buddenbrooks by Thomas Mann 12 57.14%
Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en 6 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2013, 03:32 AM   #61
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Thanks for that, jmilica. It would be perfect if I could go and get the book that is on Abebooks, but I have already investigated that one, and they are a "virtual" bookshop, which means I have to pay $US9.00 postage.

I'm keeping the Readings possibility up my sleeve until I have checked out a couple of good second-hand bookshops I know that aren't part of Abebooks.

Thanks for your suggestions!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:53 AM   #62
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
OK - I've found a copy at a library. I had to go into the city and become a member. There's only one copy in the library and it's currently borrowed until 1st Aug - but I'm next on the list.

So I'll get to it eventually. Not much use thinking about it until then.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #63
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Excellent news, caleb. With a bit of luck the person reading it will return it early ... but then, maybe not at 700 pages!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote