Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-02-2009, 02:58 AM   #16
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
i did some checking. it was a made for TV movie on Scifi, it was one of their better ones, but thats not saying much, 80 minutes of watching Grass Grow would be one of the Better Scifi Original movies
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:59 AM   #17
HarryPigg
Alleged Writer
HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Marvellous series - apart from the last one (Gods of Riverworld) which always felt like a cash-in. Apart from that, I re-read the others at regular intervals for the sheer pleasure they give me.
There's also a long-ish Riverworld short story which appears in one of PJF's short story collections but the name escapes me at the mo'. Also well worth checking out.
HarryPigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:23 AM   #18
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I enjoyed his biographies of Doc Savage and Tarzan.(They were related).
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:28 AM   #19
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
I think there was a computer RPG based on Riverworld. Didn't play it, though.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #20
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
I loved this series, though I never did get to finish it... I just checked how many books were in the series and am shocked, I must have read 4 of the 5 or just not finished the 5th. I always thought it was a lot longer.

I would definately avoid the SciFi miniseries if you can. I watched it and all I recall about it was I couldn't stand it....

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:49 AM   #21
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
I would definately avoid the SciFi miniseries if you can. I watched it and all I recall about it was I couldn't stand it....

-MJ
Scifi Original movies= Avoid

Scifi Mini Series are Always Great and win awards. I always look forward to the miniseries.

Tin Man
The Lost Room
Battlestar Galactica Started as a Mini Series
Dune
The Triangle
Taken!
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:54 AM   #22
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-16-2010 at 03:57 AM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:11 PM   #23
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I'll have to look for those fictional biographies. I was a big Doc Savage book series fan as a child, though I recognize the writing is completely unpalatable to me today.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #24
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryPigg View Post
Marvellous series - apart from the last one (Gods of Riverworld) which always felt like a cash-in. Apart from that, I re-read the others at regular intervals for the sheer pleasure they give me.
There's also a long-ish Riverworld short story which appears in one of PJF's short story collections but the name escapes me at the mo'. Also well worth checking out.
It is called Riverworld and in in the collection Riverworld and Other Stories. (I have the Gregg Press Hardcover...)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #25
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
Scifi Original movies= Avoid

Scifi Mini Series are Always Great and win awards. I always look forward to the miniseries.

Tin Man
The Lost Room
Battlestar Galactica Started as a Mini Series
Dune
The Triangle
Taken!
Yeah, I'd agree with that. Best mini-series of all time (not sci-fi though) "Lonesome Dove" from the Pulitzer Prize winning book of same name by Larry McMurtry. Great book. The recurring tv series sucked eggs though.
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote