Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #61
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Not working here either.
Thanks at least I know it's not just me. I just spent my last two credits. Got the Bride and Checkmate books.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #62
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Yeah, code not working anymore. But I still got quite a deal on a few of today's selections. So not complaining.

Not sure how I feel about not getting former selections on the credits anymore. It was nice to have the option, in case the following months didn't have what I wanted. But on the other hand, I hadn't really expected to get that option to begin with when I signed up.

I guess I won't hoard my credits anymore . I have still 3 and already gotten one of this month selection. I see 2 others I want to get so that is good and I'll do that before the month is up. Then I am almost caught up.

Now if I could just find more hours in the day to read all these books.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #63
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Yeah, code not working anymore. But I still got quite a deal on a few of today's selections. So not complaining.

Not sure how I feel about not getting former selections on the credits anymore. It was nice to have the option, in case the following months didn't have what I wanted. But on the other hand, I hadn't really expected to get that option to begin with when I signed up.

I guess I won't hoard my credits anymore . I have still 3 and already gotten one of this month selection. I see 2 others I want to get so that is good and I'll do that before the month is up. Then I am almost caught up.

Now if I could just find more hours in the day to read all these books.
I've read 3 books so far this year, so I know what you mean. I'm having a real hard time figure out what to read next. Being the new year I want to start a series but not sure yet which one. I then have to get back into reading Historical romance. After such a long time I have no clue which one to ease myself back into it.

I've been pretty happy with my DANL membership. It seems they are working the discount a little better this month. Plus you can't beat the sales. I got the historical ones from my credits this month. I will be renewing. The Christmas Sale has made me very happy to do business with them again.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #64
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I too will be getting the historicals. Those are my favorite romance reads anyway. I been also pretty happy with DANL. Good deals and I kind of like to support what they did for romance. I always thought someone should do something specific for romance. So many sub genres, so many voracious readers.

Isn't it so true about getting overwhelmed about what to read next? I make all these plans and browse and buy and hunt for deals, but when it comes down to pick the next book I am like ahhhhhhhhhhhh. I can't make my mind up. Too many choices?

Yet I keep checking this thread everyday, need more books.

Last edited by Atunah; 01-06-2013 at 07:26 PM.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:53 AM   #65
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Discover15 stopped working for me a few days ago as well. I am still buying from DANL directly instead of going to Kobo, because the difference (even if you use a Kobo code) is in the area of a few cents, and I prefer getting the books DRM-free from DANL. The Christmas bargains were great, and with 8 free books to choose among each month, I am not complaining. I even went and bought one of them (the Ashford) after I'd spent my credit on another (the Murray). So all in all, I am still happy with DANL.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:07 AM   #66
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
Discover15 stopped working for me a few days ago as well. I am still buying from DANL directly instead of going to Kobo, because the difference (even if you use a Kobo code) is in the area of a few cents, and I prefer getting the books DRM-free from DANL. The Christmas bargains were great, and with 8 free books to choose among each month, I am not complaining. I even went and bought one of them (the Ashford) after I'd spent my credit on another (the Murray). So all in all, I am still happy with DANL.
Same here I am buying from DANL too. All Christmas sales I bought directly from the site. This last one I bought 4 books. There is also a bunch of discounted books on the front page. You just can't beat it.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #67
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I know that I've bought a lot of books from DANL. When books go under $1.00 US then I buy a lot! I'm usually able to find a book each month so my credits don't pile up. I've learned that I don't care for contemporary romance a la Harlequin but I love historically accurate romances and paranormals (both historical and contemporary).
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #68
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Amazon:

The Edge of Forever US DE by Barbara Bretton (repeat freebie; Harlequin American Romance 1986)

Quote:
OPPOSITES ATTRACT . . .

But can a night of passion turn into a love that lasts forever?

Meg Lindstrom is a struggling photographer who drives a limo to make ends meet.

Joe Alessio is a best-selling author of fiery historical romances who hasn’t written a word in months.

They don't have a thing in common until Meg falls at his feet one sunny October afternoon and Joe realizes he’s finally met the woman of his dreams.

But first Joe will have to convince Meg that her dreams really can come true . . .
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #69
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Free @ Amazon

MONTANA REUNION by Soraya Lane
(Harlequin Romance Author)
Old 01-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #70
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I know that I've bought a lot of books from DANL. When books go under $1.00 US then I buy a lot! I'm usually able to find a book each month so my credits don't pile up. I've learned that I don't care for contemporary romance a la Harlequin but I love historically accurate romances and paranormals (both historical and contemporary).
I use to feel the same way. Don't give up on contemporary romance. Harlequins are pretty cookie cutter formula stories with a few exceptions. I found I love Romantic suspense and I like funny romances that make me laugh like Christie Craig's books. I also like Modern Westerns, Heroes in Uniforms and bad boys. I have a real hard time reading anything where the hero a CEO and stories like that. I need action, comedy or a really good mystery plot to keep me reading.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #71
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Free at B&N: Land of my Heart by Tracie Petterson
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #72
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
Free at B&N: Land of my Heart by Tracie Petterson
Amazon | Christian Book
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #73
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Here's another Tracie Petterson deal (not free):

The House On Windridge (Truly Yours Digital Editions) Kindle Edition

Quote:
ONLY $0.99 FOR A LIMITED TIME! When her mother dies in childbirth, Jessica's father sends his infant daughter from his ranch in Kansas back to New York to be raised by an older aunt. But Aunt Helen only cares for social standing and proprieties. She tells Jessica nothing of her father's offers to take her back and instead pushes Jessica into an arranged marriage with a man who turns out to be abusive and unfaithful. When her aunt and husband die, Jessica is alone in the world except for her infant son. She learns of her father's death and determines to rebuild her life at Windridge, the ranch where her life began. But appearances are not always reliable, and Jessica doesn't know who she can trust. Will Windridge become the home she has always searched for, or will it be the scene of her final betrayal?
Originally published by Barbour Publishing, Inc (1998) as Heartsong Presents #287
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #74
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I use to feel the same way. Don't give up on contemporary romance. Harlequins are pretty cookie cutter formula stories with a few exceptions. I found I love Romantic suspense and I like funny romances that make me laugh like Christie Craig's books. I also like Modern Westerns, Heroes in Uniforms and bad boys. I have a real hard time reading anything where the hero a CEO and stories like that. I need action, comedy or a really good mystery plot to keep me reading.
I must admit that I like to read romances, but for me they are all almost historical. I guess my imagination just likes the days of yore!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #75
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Barbara Bretton for $0.99 each

Playing for Time (The PAX Series) Kindle Edition
Formerly published in print by Harlequin American Romance (No. 193) in 1987

Quote:
With PAX, the password is danger.

Falling in love was easy
Staying alive? That's a whole other story . . .

Ryder is an undercover operative for PAX, a worldwide antiterrorist agency that flies beneath the radar

Joanna is a Hollywood makeup artist whose magic turns fantasy into reality on a daily basis

He's a spy looking to come in from the cold
She's a woman who's never had a real home

Sizzling passion . . . heart-stopping danger . . . the ultimate choice . . .
Honeymoon Hotel (The PAX Series) Kindle Edition
Formerly published in print by Harlequin American Romance in 1988

Quote:
He's her competition.
She's the love of his life.

Maggie Douglass is a former spy turned innkeeper.
John Adams Tyler is a rocker turned major mogul.

Between them they own 317 bedrooms in the honeymoon paradise called the Pocono Mountains.

So why can't they find a room to call their own?
A Fine Madness (The PAX Series) Kindle Edition
Formerly published in print by Harlequin American Romance in 1988

Quote:
Because it's a dangerous world and heroes are in short supply.

Third in the series of books featuring the PAX anti-terrorist organization, a collection of scholars and outlaws, renegades and geek geniuses, who risk their lives on a daily basis to keep the world safe.

Max Brody owns a down-on-its-luck airstrip in central New Jersey. He has no wife, no kids, no money, and no prospects. If things keep going this way, pretty soon he won't even have a roof over his head. So when his old friend (and PAX legend) Ryder O'Neal shows up one afternoon and asks for five years of his life, Max figures he has nothing to lose.

Kelly Madison has spent most of her life bailing her ne'er-do-well superstar father out of trouble. This time, however, Sean Ryan has unwittingly become involved in a terrorist plot that threatens millions of innocent people.

PAX has waited five years to bring down the terrorists. Max, in his alias as a Brazilian billionaire, must get close to Kelly so she can lead the ultra-secret organization to her missing father, who just may be their last best hope to prevent a global tragedy.

But not even that PAX figured on Max and Kelly falling in love -- or falling deeper into the kind of danger that could bring the world to its knees.
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote