Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
paw3pals
Enthusiast
paw3pals doesn't litterpaw3pals doesn't litter

Device: nook tablet
Meta Plugboard Help

I am trying to combine two functions in the metadate plugboard and have been unable to get it right using the Calibre Manual on template language.

I have been able to eliminate the dash (-) before non-series titles but, keep getting the series number twice (example: Kitty Norville 010 - 10 - Kitty Steals the Show).

My current template is:
{series} {series_index:0>3s} - {title}

I know I need to combine that somehow with the "| - |" part of the below:
{series} {series_index:| - |} {title}

I just know the answer will be something simple.

Any help will be appreciated.
paw3pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by paw3pals View Post
I am trying to combine two functions in the metadate plugboard and have been unable to get it right using the Calibre Manual on template language.

I have been able to eliminate the dash (-) before non-series titles but, keep getting the series number twice (example: Kitty Norville 010 - 10 - Kitty Steals the Show).

My current template is:

I know I need to combine that somehow with the "| - |" part of the below:
{series} {series_index:| - |} {title}

I just know the answer will be something simple.

Any help will be appreciated.
the 010 has to be already in your series name (it will show outside the [ ] )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
paw3pals
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
the 010 has to be already in your series name (it will show outside the [ ] )
I'm afraid I don't understand your reply?
Old 11-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Can you check the titles of your books. Are they 10 - Kitty Steals the Show or Kitty Steals the Show ?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #5
paw3pals
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Can you check the titles of your books. Are they 10 - Kitty Steals the Show or Kitty Steals the Show ?
There are no numbers in the titles (it is "Kitty Steals the Show). The series number only shows in the Series Column as "Kitty Norville [10]" and in the Book Details pane as "Book X of Kitty Norville.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:23 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

check to see that you don't have another template in the Plug board
AND
also one in the Nook device driver
Old 11-19-2012, 12:36 AM   #7
paw3pals
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
check to see that you don't have another template in the Plug board
AND
also one in the Nook device driver
There are no other templates.

Does anyone know HOW to add "{series} {series_index:| - |} {title}" to the below expression? If there is no series then I do not want the dash to appear before the title.

thanx.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:54 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:

Does anyone know HOW to add "{series} {series_index:| - |} {title}" to the below expression? If there is no series then I do not want the dash to appear before the title.

thanx.
The template is
Code:
{series} {series_index:0>3s| - |} {title}
However, even though this template matches your examples, it does not match your words. You say you want the dash before the title, and the above template puts the dash between the series and series index.

If you want the dash before the title, then the template is
Code:
{series} {series_index:0>3s|| - } {title}
If you want the series index enclosed in brackets, then the template is
Code:
{series} {series_index:0>3s|[|] - } {title}
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:56 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
There must be something somewhere to give you the extra series number because the template you shared with us will not do it.

Quote:

Read this sticky post.

Also if you're still getting the extra series index showing you might want to take a screen shot of the metadata plugboard config and attach it.

Update: Or you could read the excellent explanation by chaley in post 8 above.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 11-19-2012 at 05:35 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

the 3s part of the template accounts for the '010' (as desired)

the '10' is what I would expect if no template formatting ({series_index}) were used.

3.5 places can have template control

1a) Preferences: Send to Device
1b) preferences: Save to Disk
2) the specific device OUTPUT driver. Preferences: Plugins: Device Interface: <your device>
3) Metadata plugboard

I know that #2 take priority over #1. I don't know where/how #3 fits in
Old 11-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #11
paw3pals
Enthusiast

[QUOTE=chaley;2310483]

If you want the dash before the title, then the template is
Code:
{series} {series_index:0>3s|| - } {title}
This does it. Thank you so much.

I was messing up at | placements around the dash - I obviously do not understand their function well (or at all!)