Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-01-2011, 01:10 AM   #1
daisyrose
daisyrose began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS350
Preferences/ toolbox

I do not have a Preferences or Toolbox on my download of calibre that I did a few days ago. I would really like to add a column for 'read'.
I have looked at the videos but they have the toolbox sign at the top but mine does not have it. I have a MacBook Pro and use a Sony Pocket Ereader.
I would really like some help.
Thanks
daisyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:32 AM   #2
atjnjk
Zealot
atjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enough

Device: none
The videos are from a little (or very?) old version of calibre and calibre's GUI has changed a lot since then.
To add a 'Read' column: Preferences > Add your own columns > click the green plus button > click 'Yes/No' blue link > change Lookup name and Column heading to 'Read' (just like the video guide) or whatever name you choose.
atjnjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2011, 04:01 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
The preferences icons has three gears in it now instead of a toolbox. It should be visible in some toolbar or another, I think Calibre prevents you from accidentally removing it.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
atjnjk
Zealot
atjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enough

Device: none
I think newly installed calibre should always have toolbar with text under icon. It'll be easier for first time users.
atjnjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyrose View Post
I have a MacBook Pro
In recent version it was moved to its proper place on OS X. Click calibre in the global menubar and you will see the preferences option. You can also access it with the command+, shortcut just like every other OS X application.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert