Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW (Books) & iPad 3 (Comics)
Philip K. Dick Re-Issues

http://www.philipkdick.com/media_pr-042810.html

I guess it's old news now but Houghton Mifflin Harcourt scooped up a hefty amount of PKD's back catalog. The first batch is arriving on Oct. 18. I had to do an advanced search by publisher and author (on Amazon, I'm sure other retailed have them too). I think most of these were available before but maybe the re-packages will be pretty and we'll see a few of the missing titles in the coming year

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...qid=1315521914
replica145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
I got some of these through the "Library of America" offerings. I don't think I'll be getting the ebooks, though.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
miguel1626
Great Old One
miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 8 Plus
Hey, that's good to know! I'll probably pick up a couple ebooks when they're out. I can never get enough of PKD.
miguel1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I'm glad I was able to get a number of them at a heavy discount from Fictionwise before Houghton Mifflin Harcourt picked them up. Another publisher charging more than mass market paperback prices (probably pricing them at $10 because they're also issuing trade paperbacks) for a long dead author.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:49 PM   #5
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
I have 5 volumes of his short stories in paperback from and I can't seem to find the same collections in eBook form. Does anyone know where those can be found?
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2011, 12:12 AM   #6
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
I have 5 volumes of his short stories in paperback from and I can't seem to find the same collections in eBook form. Does anyone know where those can be found?
AFAIK the only collection (excluding the numerous indie releases of his small selection of PD work) in e-form is Selected Stories.

http://www.amazon.com/Selected-Stori...5627919&sr=8-1

I'm patiently waiting for someone to get the electronic rights to the complete short works series too.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #7
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica145 View Post
AFAIK the only collection (excluding the numerous indie releases of his small selection of PD work) in e-form is Selected Stories.

http://www.amazon.com/Selected-Stori...5627919&sr=8-1

I'm patiently waiting for someone to get the electronic rights to the complete short works series too.
*chokes*

A mere 21 stories for $16?

Good god, at that rate, I'll cut and scan the ones I have. Thank you for the link though.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #8
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys

Yea its not...ideal.