Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-11-2014, 06:50 PM   #181
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
pisceschick, I hope you feel better soon. This seems to be a terrible year for flu/colds/infections. I'm on my 3rd cold myself. bleh!

For those of you collecting Kristen Ashely, she has 2 books on for $.99 at Amazon; Heaven and Hell, and Play it Safe.

ETA: sorry for double post, Apesmom was posting close to when I was.

Last edited by Blue2u; 01-11-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:27 PM   #182
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
pisceschick, I hope you feel better soon. This seems to be a terrible year for flu/colds/infections. I'm on my 3rd cold myself. bleh!

For those of you collecting Kristen Ashely, she has 2 books on for $.99 at Amazon; Heaven and Hell, and Play it Safe.

ETA: sorry for double post, Apesmom was posting close to when I was.
I'm still getting over my first flu. My sinus have been gunking up. Mucinex here I come.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #183
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I was well behaved again this week. Hoping for some good coupon codes from Kobo soon.

Read:
  • Ask Me to Stay (Homeland #1) by Elise K Ackers (B/4 stars)
  • The Wedding Dress Diaries (The Wedding Season #.5) by Aimee Carson (B/4 stars)
  • Love Passages by Kate Donovan (C-/2 stars)
  • Time Raiders: The Whisper by Elle James (D/1 star)
  • The Governess Affair by Courtney Milan (B-/3 stars)
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas by Hope Ramsay (C/2 stars)
  • Kissing Her Scrooge by Kinley Cade (B/4 stars)
  • Land's End by Barbara Dunlop (A-/5 stars)
  • Ms. Humbug by Jill Shalvis (C/2 stars)
  • Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin #1) by Stacey Joy Netzel (C+/3 stars)
  • Hope Flames (Hope #1) by Jaci Burton (B-/3 stars)
  • River Road by Jayne Ann Krentz (B/4 stars)
I read the hardcover of River Road. It took me a few chapters to get used to not being able to adjust the font size
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 1-12.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	117858  

Last edited by library addict; 02-19-2014 at 03:31 AM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:12 PM   #184
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I was well behaved again this week. Hoping for some good coupon codes from Kobo soon.
Me too! Sad that 50% isn't enough anymore!

Quote:
I read the hardcover of River Road. It took me a few chapters to get used to not being able to adjust the font size
Did you ever press your finger to the bottom of the page to make it turn??

I stayed at budget so I'm ok with that, [22 books, $16], except 4 purchases were not on my wishlist. I'm trying....

Name:	2014 01 12.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	117861

Books Read this week and my rating:
Teased – Jamie Begley = 2.5
Finding My Forever - Heidi Mclaughlin = 4
Allure – Nina Lane = 4
Awaken – Nina Lane = 4
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #185
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Me too! Sad that 50% isn't enough anymore!
There were some books released recently where 50% just isn't enough. It is sad though when 50% off seems low. I think the magic code has ruined me

Quote:
Did you ever press your finger to the bottom of the page to make it turn??
Not quite that bad. But I had a hard time at first. For a hardcover I thought the text was really tiny. But I've obviously been spoiled by my Sony and Nexus. Once I got used to it again, it was fine.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:07 PM   #186
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
I was both good and bad at purchasing and had both good and bad reading experiences...

Week-ending 01.04
Good purchase week - sort of.. only 10 books but at an average of $2.50 or so

Name:	01.04.14.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	117863

Not so good reading week - couple of real stinkers...

Name:	read_01.04.14.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	117864

Week-ending 01.11
Not so good purchasing week... 27 books but a better average at .97

Name:	01.11.14.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	117865

A much better reading week this week!!

Name:	read_01.11.14.JPG
Views:	251
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	117866
I have to tell you that when I saw the 3rd book for the Accidentally on Purpose series (Worth the Fight), before I realized it was from Luke's POV, I actually started to physically panic!! This was one of my favorite series this past fall (the first 2, I mean) and when I saw a 3rd book, I was truly afraid the author was going to ruin the HEA from both books. I mean, Emmy and Kyle had both fought so hard for their HEAs and I loved how much both grew and fought their demons to become better people... and here the author was gonna mess with that... NOOOOOO So, yes, I was beyond relief that when I figured out it was Luke's POV and the ending was not changing - shew!!!. What I was most surprised at was my own physically emotional reaction - I mean, it's a book, right? Not real life, so why was I so panicky that these people might not get to keep their HEA they'd already earned? Not a totally new experience for me to be so emotionally invested, but it's rare that I am so invested that I feel physically panicky like that... Has this ever happened to you...?

Sooooo... I took the plunge yesterday and bought myself the Kindle Fire (regular 7" HD version) with the $30 off code from Amazon. If I'm remembering correctly, there are better apps to read/manage books on the Fire than the amazon app? YEs?No? Please share your experiences - I'd be very appreciative

Last edited by laurla; 01-12-2014 at 01:11 PM.
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:59 PM   #187
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
pisceschick, Blossom, I hope you're feeling both better. Not a big purchase week (although India and 75off have helped a bit ). And not a bad reading week

And just a question: how do you attach the pictures at the exact place in the message you want?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	calibre_20140112.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	117867   Click image for larger version

Name:	leido_20140112.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	117868  
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:14 PM   #188
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
$0.99 sale Long Simmering Summer (Star Harbor #3) by Elizabeth Barrett
http://www.amazon.com/Long-Simmering.../dp/B00A9ET4NG

#4 (Slow Summer Burn) was a freebie in November
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:16 PM   #189
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
2 weeks in a row that I bought NOTHING. I'm getting the shakes, my "buy" finger is having spasms. I'm not trying to be good, I just haven't seen anything to tempt me. I may have to grab the 2 Kristen Ashleys just to satisfy the urge.

Read
  • The English Heiress (Heiresses #1) - Roberta Gellis - 3.5
  • Rock Chick Reckoning (#6) - Kristen Ashley - 3.5
  • Did You Miss Me? (Suspense #14) - Karen Rose - 4
  • Broken Silence (Suspense #14.5) - Karen Rose - 3.5
  • Angels' Dance (Guild Hunter #0.4) - Nalini Singh - 4
  • Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter #5) - Nalini Singh - 4
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #190
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On sale from Random House. This is a good one!

Cry No More by Linda Howard - $1.99
Kindle | Kobo (I don't know why Nook has been so slow to update prices if at all)

Quote:
Count your blessings; they can be snatched away in an instant. It is a sentiment Milla Edge knows too well. With an astonishing blend of savvy, instinct, and passion, Milla displays an uncanny gift for finding lost children. When all seems helpless, desperate souls from across the country come to her for hope and results. Driven by an obsessive desire to fill the void in other people’s lives, Milla throws herself into every case–all the while trying to outrun the brutal emotions stemming from a horrific tragedy in her past.

Traveling to a small village in Mexico on a reliable tip, Milla begins to uncover the dire fate of countless children who have disappeared over the years in the labyrinth of a sinister baby-smuggling ring. The key to nailing down the organization may rest with an elusive one-eyed man. To find him, Milla joins forces with James Diaz, a suspicious stranger known as the Tracker who conceals his own sinister agenda.

As the search intensifies, the mission becomes more treacherous. For the ring is part of something far larger and more dangerous, reaching the highest echelons of power and influence. Caught between growing passion and imminent peril, Milla suddenly finds herself the hunted–in the crosshairs
of an invisible, lethal assassin who aims to silence her permanently.

Intense emotion . . . potent suspense . . . pounding action. Linda Howard weaves these elements into page-turning fiction. Cry No More is a seductive thriller of heartbreak and obsession that moves with a vengeance.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:47 PM   #191
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
On sale from Random House. This is a good one!

Cry No More by Linda Howard - $1.99
Kindle | Kobo (I don't know why Nook has been so slow to update prices if at all)
This is on my tablet. It's the next LH book I plan to read sometime this year.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:07 PM   #192
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Be aware, it's a hard book, good but hard.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:16 PM   #193
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I only bought 3 books this week.

I am reading The Black Lion by Jude Deveraux.

It amazes me how many books you guys read in a week! I am lucky to get one or two in.

I just started the fourth season of Haven which means I now have to buy each episode. Well worth it so far. I can only imagine how much more enjoyable this could be a Urban Fantasy series. Does anyone know of any book series like it? It's so unique. I suppose it would make a good Cozie too. I know it's loosely based on a novella by Stephen King and I do emphasize loosely but the writers have made it such a fun and enjoyable series.

Has anyone gone through the renewal process with Brooklyn Library? I email them but have not heard back from them yet. Signing up didn't take this long. I am going to miss a hold or two.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	books2014-week2.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	117875  

Last edited by Blossom; 01-12-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:34 PM   #194
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Has anyone gone through the renewal process with Brooklyn Library? I email them but have not heard back from them yet. Signing up didn't take this long. I am going to miss a hold or two.
I'm a couple months short of my first year with Brooklyn. Questions:

Do they notify you when you're about to expire? Or early even? Where do you see how much time is left on your account? And do your holds disappear if you expire before you renew?

Hope you can answer one o' two of the above.

ETA:
Found where my account info is:
https://brooklyn.bibliocommons.com/user/account

(I don't expire until June. There are so many more books @ Brooklyn than in MD's OD!)

and the basic renew info:
http://www.bklynpubliclibrary.org/bo...ials#tab_renew

Last edited by copyrite; 01-12-2014 at 05:51 PM.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:42 PM   #195
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Be aware, it's a hard book, good but hard.
Yes, very emotional but oh so good.