Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Netronix

Notices

Old 03-01-2007, 04:21 AM   #31
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
It was quite the week. I think it is very civilised to have a holiday that runs from the 9th to the 27th of February. Just got back to work yesterday.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:09 AM   #32
paulkbiba
Connoisseur
paulkbiba began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia e61i, iPhone
I think the review was very well done and the comparisons he made are quite appropriate. This is exactly the way I would write my reviews for Gpspassion and PalmAddict. Comparisons are extremely helpful.
paulkbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2007, 11:34 AM   #33
Ivan
Connoisseur
Ivan began at the beginning.

I agree. Now I have my STAReBOOK and IRex. I use STAReBOOK for reading most of the time in which its juice last for weeks; I use Irex when I need to annotation function. Seem Sony ereader is good as well. I am thinking to get a sony for my wife ...
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:57 AM   #34
micro
Connoisseur
micro doesn't littermicro doesn't littermicro doesn't litter

Device: STAReBOOK STK-101
Out of interest, can I ask what settings you are using to create your STK files? Mine are looking pretty good, but the line spacing is a bit wide and if possible I'd prefer the fonts a bit smaller. Also the page numbers down the bottom are always incorrect, and usually moving one page with the buttons moves 2 pages according to the display???

thanks

micro
micro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:05 PM   #35
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Hi, my files look ok on the device, but the linebreaks are broken. things like .!?()"" often get moved to the next line and words that contain ' also get broken...like it
's or things like that.
My pagenumbers are OK as far as I can tell, will have to watch them more closely to see whether there are any skips.

My settings are:
Fontisze: 14
Linespacing: 5
Character Spacing: 1
(Landscape mode although this creates pages in Portrait mode, no idea why)
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2007, 06:32 PM   #36
micro
Connoisseur

I've been running a few tests yesterday with different settings and it appears to not make a huge difference

Just to see what happened I tried Fontsize 9, Linespace 0, Char spacing 1, Landscape (confuddling to the max) and hte end result was identical.

The only option I found that affects the way it looks was the landscape mode. i'm assuming this is intended for chinese texts with the vertical reading.

Once the STK is on the device it appears that the look is up to the device and not the STAReBOOK.

On another note, reading comics on the thing is quite funny. There's a few to download off the book store thats part of the eRead software. As in you can actually get the STK files for them,

micro
Old 03-05-2007, 06:30 AM   #37
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I watched the pagenumbers and found that they indeed seem to jump 2 pages per pageturn....strange. I never noticed that at first...^^

I'll ask the staretek folks about that. The new firmware should be coming soon anyway...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:03 PM   #38
micro
Connoisseur

what I noticed regarding the page numbers is it depends how you create your STK. If you use the separate STK maker app you don't get page numbers until you open the STK in eRead and start reading. Just loading the STK doesn't add numbers. You just get a percentage read.

If you create the STK using eRead then you get the page numbers.

Personally I find the eRead software a cleaner way to create STK files. The STK maker app is a truly hideous piece of UI design. However, I keep getting some odd flash video playing in my eRead software when I want to just read a book in it.

Fingers crossed for a simplified STK maker that just works. Maybe batch conversion of txt files too.

Also fingers crossed for new firmware

micro