Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-03-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
epub, ADE and CSS puzzle

I have a puzzle. ADE isn't honouring one of my CSS styles, but only if it's in a certain position in the CSS code!

This could just be weirdness on ADE's part, in which case I can't do anything expect try to work around it.

But perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

So - I offer for inspection two epubs. They differ only in the CSS, and then only in the position of one line of the CSS - the one defining the p.first class.

In Sample 1, the first paragraph is incorrectly set with a text indent of 1em, pushing the picture into the text, and indenting the first line away from the picture.

In Sample 2, everything works as it should.

I'd be most grateful for any comments. Oh - and these are generated by Sigil 0.1.3
Attached Files
File Type: epub Sample1.epub (1.06 MB, 400 views)
File Type: epub Sample2.epub (1.06 MB, 412 views)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:23 PM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Could it be the missing semicolon in

Code:
.centre {text-align:center;  margin-left:0; margin-right:0}
?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post

Code:
?
Yep, that did it for my test Sample1.epub version, but the Sample2.epub has the same error and it worked originally. Another ADE oddity?
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thank you - that's the problem. I thought I'd run that lot through a syntax check, but obviously /before/ I made that typo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post

Code:
?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote