Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-06-2009, 08:55 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm in Washington state visiting my wife at the moment.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:29 PM   #17
ees
ees began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Look at the media.xml file on your device. It contains the prepagination information (hex encoded IIRC). LRF is a (partially) reflowable format. What the pre pagination does is tell the reader how many screens of text are there at a particular font size and where in the file each screen starts and ends. So to duplicate that, you have to layout the text on an in-memory screen exactly as the reader would. If you are a little off, that will result in missing lines of text, as you see when you replace the fonts on the reader with others that have different metrics and then try to use a pre paginated book
Thanks for the explanation, it's making much more sense.

I did look at the media.xml file, and I see the pagination information (likely Base64 encoded).

It's not immediately clear to me how to deduce Sony's precise rendering algorithm, short of a relatively brute-force approach of disassembly the relevant Sony DLLs. That might be a bit more than I can sign up for...at least for now.

Thanks again!
- e
ees is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2009, 07:34 PM   #18
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I just spent the last hour shoving my wife's car out of a snowed in parking lot. I've had it with snow! Iguess ees nick reminded me of a snowflake or something

Dude, I'm in Anchorage, Alaska. It's been snowing since October!!! and we still have 3 or 4 months of snow and cold weather to look forward to.

The cars in our apartment parking lot are already higher than the parking space bumper and you can't see the white/yellow stripes on the roads anymore.

but yeah shoveling snow is no fun. I had to do the same to get my car out of it's parking space too.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:17 AM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Dude, I'm in Anchorage, Alaska. It's been snowing since October!!! and we still have 3 or 4 months of snow and cold weather to look forward to.

The cars in our apartment parking lot are already higher than the parking space bumper and you can't see the white/yellow stripes on the roads anymore.

but yeah shoveling snow is no fun. I had to do the same to get my car out of it's parking space too.

You sound positively gleeful. Personally, I grew up in the tropics.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lrf, news, prepagination