Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
obsessed2
Edge User

Daily Comic Strip Viewer (Has to be Downloaded Via PC)

DailyStrip is a comic viewer application for Android based mobile devices. It works real well on the Pocket Edge in Landscape mode. Wi-Fi access is required for use. Available free of charge on the Android Market. Don't have access, no worry you can download it here (you may have to wait 30-45 seconds for the download to begin, but believe me it is worth the short wait):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HL8JU5Y5

The file is compressed so you will need to download it on a PC and use Winzip or WinRAR for example to extract the APK. I downloaded it via PC, extracted it, and transferred to the Pocket Edge. Works great. Transferred it wireless using ES File Explorer on my PE from a shared folder on my PC. Here's how to set it up: http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...AN-for-dummies!

When the App is first run there is an option to buy it which removes advertisements. I decided to go with the free version which looks very good on the Pocket Edge rotated to landscape.

Here's the company info:

http://www.fusetree.com/products_dailystrip.html

Old 04-28-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

Very cool! Found a bunch of comic strips I haven't seen in perhaps 10 years

Advert
Old 04-28-2011, 05:17 PM   #3
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Found a bunch of comic strips I haven't seen in perhaps 10 years
Me too. Andy Capp, I haven't seen him in years. Takes a little work (very little) to download and install but is definitely worth the effort. Press the Menu button on the PE and you'll see a couple of surprises.

Last edited by obsessed2; 04-28-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:19 PM   #4
borisb
Edge User

Unfortunately the whole "King" collection of syndicated columns is missing due to copyright contentions. That includes another whole set of favourites, like Hagar the Horrible

Old 04-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #5
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Unfortunately the whole "King" collection of syndicated columns is missing due to copyright contentions. That includes another whole set of favourites, like Hagar the Horrible
Yes, but the list of available comics is pretty impressive nevertheless. It does have some classics like Peanuts, Shoe, B.C. , Calvin and Hobbes, Dilbert, Doonesbury, Garfield, Nancy etc. Luckily it has Mother Goose & Grimm and Non Sequitur which are a couple of my new favorites. Plus it allows you to pick your favorite strips for quick daily viewing.

Last edited by obsessed2; 04-28-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Advert
Old 04-28-2011, 06:35 PM   #6
Michealj
Edge User

Thank you, I have down loaded will have to wait to install until later today.

Regards,

micheal