Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 02-25-2019, 05:35 AM   #1
Webmasto
Webmasto began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Best way to listen to titles added to Calibre as audiobooks?

I tried some solutions but still have not found an useful one.
Thank you for any suggestion.
Webmasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 04:09 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Depends on what sort of device you want to listen on, and in what format the audio books are encoded.

Why don't you tell us what have and what you've tried and why they don't work for you. Then we won't waste our time, and yours, suggesting solutions you already rejected

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2019, 03:01 AM   #3
Webmasto
Webmasto began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Depends on what sort of device you want to listen on, and in what format the audio books are encoded.

Why don't you tell us what have and what you've tried and why they don't work for you. Then we won't waste our time, and yours, suggesting solutions you already rejected

BR
I use Calibre Companion on a Xiaomi Redmi Note mobile phone.
Maybe there is a misunderstanding: I have not audio file, instead I would like to find a text-to-speech app that can read epubs stored on my phone/Calibre library.

Thank you
Webmasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:35 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I thought all Androids have Text to Speech built in - I'm forever tell it to shut up :lol:

Moderator Notice

I'll move this thread to the Calibre Companion forum, I'm sure there'll be CC users who listen on TTS apps.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:37 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moon Reader + has TTS capability (it uses the OS. In my case Samsungs TTS or Googles)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2019, 06:21 PM   #6
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
I think Bookari also has text-to-speech, I tried it once some years ago, but I'm not big fan of audiobooks, so I haven't used it again. Anyway, I think this question would be better asked in the Android forums.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:24 PM   #7
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
FWIW, the text to speech on an Amazon Fire is quite good. Can't help you with other apps though.

Last edited by Tarana; 03-01-2019 at 06:28 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 02:09 AM   #8
Marcs1102
Marcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMarcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMarcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMarcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMarcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMarcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMarcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMarcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMarcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMarcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMarcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmasto View Post
I tried some solutions but still have not found an useful one.
Thank you for any suggestion.
can't say it's the best or only way, but i've been doing it for a while and have hundreds of torrents made out of em too
simply zip them and rename to format ZAB (Zab = Zipped Audio Book)
you can have both ebooks and audiobooks in the same record, and even use covers and metadata as if it was an ebook
i use the free vlcmedia player and just have it set to play zab's

in case you are curious, i made/seed 1,320 complete ebook series (with 9,856 ebooks), but was only able to find complete series for 155 as Audiobooks

problem is, the mp3 format conflicts with the calibre program itself it had to be a format calibre doesn't use, so i thought outside the box
Marcs1102 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, text-to-speech