Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-08-2008, 01:22 AM   #1
drwowe
Enthusiast
drwowe began at the beginning.

Device: none
PDF and the new firmware

I like the reflow support, it definitely expands the range of readable PDF files.

But, does anyone else miss the white margin zoom feature of the old firmware? I'm a little disappointed that this feature is gone. I have one PDF book with a lot of complicated formatting that gets pretty messed up by reflow. Getting rid of the huge white margins made a big difference in the old firmware.
drwowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:32 AM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwowe View Post
I like the reflow support, it definitely expands the range of readable PDF files.

But, does anyone else miss the white margin zoom feature of the old firmware? I'm a little disappointed that this feature is gone.
Yes I agree. What made most PDF unreadable was the gray background and the poor font quality. With this Firmware fix the margin zoom would have worked wonderfully. Unfortunately they chose to reflow the text twice.

The best Solution would have been to leave the zoom as is and change the newly added "L" to Reflow

S = Default (UnModified)
M = Margin removal
L = Reflow plus font increase.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert