Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-09-2007, 12:25 AM   #1
dusanmal
dusanmal began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
We

Many of you have likely read "1984". The original version of that text
in my opinion is E.Zamyatin's "We" (not)published in SSSR in 1920.
Orwel gives it a credit as an inspiration, but do try reading "We" and you'll realize how much beyond inspiration it goes (Huxley's "Brave New World" and
some other authors who credit "We" as an inspiration use that
term appropriately).
It is out of copyright so I am providing a link to my own PDF copy, appropriate for e-book readers:

For Sci-Fi enthusiasts and other Geeks "We" may be even closer to the hart as the main character is a mathematician.

Dusan

Last edited by Patricia; 12-09-2007 at 06:12 AM. Reason: copyright issues
dusanmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:18 AM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Dusanmal, I'm afraid that I've had to delete your link. Zamyatin's 'We' in Russian might be out of copyright but your version isn't.

You've used the Mirra Ginsberg translation (Harper Collins) 1972 and this is still copyrighted.

(I know there is a version available online but that doesn't mean that the translation is PD.)

It is a pity. A couple of weeks ago I too considered making a version for the Book upload section but couldn't find a PD or creatuve commons version,
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2007, 12:34 PM   #3
dusanmal
dusanmal began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Thanks for the notice...

Thanks, I received this copy from other people and assumed it is Public Domain but sometimes one needs to look more carefully. Anyway, book is the great reading if one can get it...

Dusan
dusanmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:37 PM   #4
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Yes I know Of "WE" but I am assuming you are not discrediting Orwell's writing in General. There are heaps of ....previous novels that always crop up to douse flames on a great work. The fact is 1984 was very seminal at the time. Lots of great works get missed. Tis a pity,,,yet that is life....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusanmal View Post
Thanks, I received this copy from other people and assumed it is Public Domain but sometimes one needs to look more carefully. Anyway, book is the great reading if one can get it...

Dusan
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote