Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-28-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
JJK007
JJK007 began at the beginning.

Device: jjk02131@yahoo.com
I need help transfering ebooks to my iPad

Hi folks -

I am John and I'm brand new at this so please be patient with me. I have now assembled about 200 ebooks in Calibre (epub formatted) and I would like to transfer the books onto my one of the ebook readers on my iPad.

I worked on this for about 8 hours yesterday and was unable to transfer the books. For ebook readers I have Kindle, Kobo, Stanza, iBooks, Nook and Bluefire Reader.

Any suggestions or help is hugely apprecaited!!!!

Thanks,

John
JJK007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK007 View Post
Hi folks -

I am John and I'm brand new at this so please be patient with me. I have now assembled about 200 ebooks in Calibre (epub formatted) and I would like to transfer the books onto my one of the ebook readers on my iPad.

I worked on this for about 8 hours yesterday and was unable to transfer the books. For ebook readers I have Kindle, Kobo, Stanza, iBooks, Nook and Bluefire Reader.

Any suggestions or help is hugely apprecaited!!!!

Thanks,

John
Check out this thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118559
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
JJK007

Hi -

Thanks.

I now have all the books that I assembled in Calibre also on my iTunes, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it onto my iPad.

Please help? Thanks.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:04 PM   #4
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

With you iPad connected to your computer, in iTunes click on your iPad under devices, then select books and ensure that Sync Books has a check mark. Then sync your iPad and your books should show up in iBooks. If you want to use your other reading apps, select apps, then select your reading app in the file sharing section. Then in the the box on the right select add then browse to your book. Then sync.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
JJK007

Can anybody please help me transfer ebooks from iTunes to my iPod?

I think I'm about to go out of my mind.

I've read every direction at least five times. Nothing is working.

All I'm trying to do is transfer my ebooks to on of my ebook readers on my Ipad.

Again, I have Kindle, Kobo, Google Books, Stanza, iBooks (useless), Nook and Bluefire reader.

Surely one of those must be able to accept and support the ebooks?

Any help is greatly, greatly appreciated.

(and please don't direct me to another link, if you can help it. Just explain it to me please!!!)
Advert
Old 08-28-2011, 06:14 PM   #6
JJK007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyt Clagwell View Post
With you iPad connected to your computer, in iTunes click on your iPad under devices, then select books and ensure that Sync Books has a check mark. Then sync your iPad and your books should show up in iBooks. If you want to use your other reading apps, select apps, then select your reading app in the file sharing section. Then in the the box on the right select add then browse to your book. Then sync.
Trying this now. Thanks Hoyt. I'll let you know if it works.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #7
JJK007

Hoyt - The first part worked great, and thanks very much.

Could you please explain the second part. I don't really understand how this is can be achieved?

Would you mind explaining it in a slightly different way?

I thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for helping me get the books onto my iPad.

Greatly appreciative,

John
Old 08-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #8
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
There are other ebook reading apps than iBooks. If you have them installed, they will show up in the file sharing section. If you want to add books to those apps, you have to so separately. If you only are using iBooks, don't worry about it.

Added: This probably should be moved over to the Apple forum

Last edited by jgaiser; 08-28-2011 at 08:09 PM. Reason: added note
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:45 PM   #9
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Good morning, John

I can certainly sympathise with you; I bought an iPad2 Wi-Fi on Saturday, and it's been a nightmare to set it up - perhaps because I'm elderly and not very good on computers.

Anyway, here's a method I stumbled on - It is based on iBooks, and I don't use the sync function. My computer runs Windows 7. And I can give no guarantee that what I'll describe is the best or the official way; it just works for me.

- Make sure you have iBooks installed; you'll have to download it from the iTunes store. When I downloaded mine it took several minutes to start working, and then came to life.
- Install iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iPad to your computer with the cable. iTunes should open; if not open iTunes yourself
- If you have downloaded ebooks from the iBook store iTunes will open at the Library, though I assume you have your ebooks in other folders.
- Click on Owner's iPad (or whatever you've called your iPad when you registered it) in the panel on the left, and click on the triangle to the left of the name so that it points down. You should see Books as one of the options if you have iBooks installed.
- Another window will open in iTunes on your computer showing what books you have on your iPad.
- Drag and drop the books you want to transfer from the folder on your computer to the iTunes folder.

When you tap on the iBooks icon on your iPad the books will show - or at least they did for me.

I hope this helps, and I apologise if I've made it too simple.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #10
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK007 View Post
Hoyt - The first part worked great, and thanks very much.

Could you please explain the second part. I don't really understand how this is can be achieved?

Would you mind explaining it in a slightly different way?

I thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for helping me get the books onto my iPad.

Greatly appreciative,

John

This video is for a different app but it shows the concept for adding a file for an app.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAI2V5q-4Bs