Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 09-03-2010, 04:57 AM   #1
maxxim88
Enthusiast
maxxim88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
How to convert .pdf to .azw

Can anyone tell me how to convert .pdf to .azw ( not by sending .pdf to @kindle.com because my kindle dx hasn't registered )
maxxim88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
tovare
Addict
tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle kb Wifi, new Kindle NT, PW2, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxim88 View Post
Can anyone tell me how to convert .pdf to .azw ( not by sending .pdf to @kindle.com because my kindle dx hasn't registered )

You can convert the pdf to word (rtf) using:

http://www.pdfonline.com/pdf2word/index.asp

This one is one of the best converters available in terms of generating reflowable text. (But not in terms of preserving layout).

Then you can convert the RTF to the kindle using Callibre.

(Calibre may also be able to convert the pdf directly)
tovare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #3
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
This advice is working well for the types of pdf's that interest me (mostly history journal articles):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...55&postcount=7

The above link may be the most helpful (to me) post I've yet seen on this board. To recap, send the pdf(s) to one of your kindle addresses (I use my @free.kindle.com) as attachment(s) with the following in the email subject line:

Convert

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 09-04-2010 at 05:56 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
tovare
Addict
tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle kb Wifi, new Kindle NT, PW2, Kindle Oasis
Cool, I wasn't aware of the "Convert" keyword.
tovare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:00 AM   #5
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
as long as you're open to other formats, not only .azw, my advice: if it's a well formatted pdf, save as HTML/RTF (from the "File" menu), then use mobipocket creator to create a .prc file. the kindle with recognize it (as it also recognizes .mobi, .rtf and .txt)
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert