Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 11:37 PM   #1
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Elizabeth Peters Amelia Peabody ebooks $1.99 at Sony Reader Store

Picked up two of the Peabody ebooks at $1.99 today, wish more of them were this price!
"The Curse of the Pharaohs" and "Seeing a Large Cat" link
Haven't mastered the de-DRM thing so I just read Sony epubs on my laptop with the Reader software. If I can get them as secure ereader it would be so much easier for me as my jetBook Lite opens those fine.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Snagged 'em, thanks! I love the Amelia Peabody series; like you I wish the rest were similarly priced!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Is it necessary to read these in order? I got book 1 in a long-ago FW sale and would be happy to pick these two up, as long as I will not be lost from not having the whole series.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
tench
Connoisseur
tench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toys

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Is it necessary to read these in order? I got book 1 in a long-ago FW sale and would be happy to pick these two up, as long as I will not be lost from not having the whole series.
Ficbot, I would say that it isn't strictly necessary, but there is a lot of character development in the books (as well as repeat characters, etc.), so you will miss some of the fun of the series of you read them out of order. However, The Curse of the Pharoahs is the second book of the series, so you could at least buy that one.
tench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Thanks. Tried to buy and got a 'US Only' so, so much for that
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2010, 10:31 PM   #6
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

same prices at Amazon Kindle store

Just saw these two Peabody books at $1.99 at the Kindle store; but happy that I got my e-copies already. Ficbot, I do recommend reading the Peabody series in order if possible. For me these are archive copies as I already have the whole series in print (as well as most of the non-Peabody stories by this author) - I like to re-read them to give myself a laugh. Recently finished re-reading the first one "Crocodile on the Sandbank" which is my favourite.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:10 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
It would be very, very strongly recommended to read the series in order. This is, IMHO, a "must read" series.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #8
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Thank you, ngrant =)
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:27 PM   #9
ngrant
Gadget Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Thank you, ngrant =)
You're welcome, pendragginp! I have found so many great ebook deals from reading posts here that I am honour-bound to share any that I discover. ...I also bought my jetBook Lites after seeing the reviews on MR and finding the Newegg shellshocker at $115 just before Christmas. I can happily say that my life has changed for the better now that my books can travel with me everywhere. Must also say a BIG THANK YOU to HarryT and others for the lovely ebooks available for download right here on MobileRead.com!
Old 04-09-2010, 12:03 AM   #10
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrant View Post
I have found so many great ebook deals from reading posts here that I am honour-bound to share any that I discover. ...I also bought my jetBook Lites after seeing the reviews on MR and finding the Newegg shellshocker at $115 just before Christmas. I can happily say that my life has changed for the better now that my books can travel with me everywhere. Must also say a BIG THANK YOU to HarryT and others for the lovely ebooks available for download right here on MobileRead.com!
And that's a big AMEN.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote