Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
lawrie
lawrie began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader 505
usb data cable UK

Hi,
I need a data cable but cannot find a UK one other than an ebay dealer that is unreliable.

Any ideas really appreciated

Thanks
lawrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Assuming it's for your PRS505:
AFAIK you can use a standard mini usb cable, available in most (online) electronic stores. For instance this one on Amazon.com.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
lawrie

Hi,
Yes it's for the 505 but your link is US

Thanks anyway

lawrie
Old 03-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
c1yat
c1yat doesn't litterc1yat doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS505
If you have a digital camera or mobile phone with mini usb the cable from that should work fine. I mix and match mine all the time
c1yat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:05 PM   #5
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrie View Post
Hi,
Yes it's for the 505 but your link is US

Thanks anyway

lawrie
It's just an example, if you go to a Dixons, Currys or Jessops they will have it in stock. As C1yat said you probably have multiple lying around from cameras, mp3 players, etc

Amazon UK also got it in stock: link
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
lawrie

Thanks guys
Old 03-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #7
Gatecra5her
Enthusiast
Gatecra5her began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I have so many of these, they come with most gadgets as it's a pretty standard port now. I can send you one if you PM me your address, free of course as they're cheap anyhow
Gatecra5her is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:22 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatecra5her View Post
I have so many of these, they come with most gadgets as it's a pretty standard port now. I can send you one if you PM me your address, free of course as they're cheap anyhow
Even my pedometer uses the same USB cable as my 505.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:46 AM   #9
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Wow, my pedometer just counts my steps. Not more, not less.
Didn't know they have them with USB ports.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:55 AM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_73 View Post
Wow, my pedometer just counts my steps. Not more, not less.
Didn't know they have them with USB ports.
This is the one I am using now. It holds 30 (7 viewable on the device) days of normal/aerobic steps, distance, and kcal data in memory and the software is an excellent motivator. So to keep it on topic the OP can buy the USB cable pictured in the link for $32.95 and get a nice pedometer and software for free.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-23-2010 at 06:05 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:22 AM   #11
Gatecra5her
Enthusiast

Or he can have mine for free
Old 03-22-2010, 08:52 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm a little surprised that you weren't able to buy one. Where did you look?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:04 AM   #13
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Sorry for being offtopic. The pedometer looks great. The price is fairly high though. Ok, end of offtopic.

Ontopic: I have some left over USB-cables myself. If anyone needs one....
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:18 AM   #14
lawrie

OK,
Time to come clean, I had a drawer full of random leads and threw the wrong ones out.
Gatecrash5r is sorting me out !!
Great forum
Thanks
Lawrie
Old 03-23-2010, 10:12 AM   #15
Gatecra5her
Enthusiast

No probs Lawrie, I have a drawer full of random leads and I jump at the opportunity to find a use for them! It shuts up the nagging voice in my head that says "Throw them out, you'll never use it!".

So, thanks for silencing the voices lol