Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-03-2009, 12:22 AM   #76
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Just checking.

I particularly like step #13.

WDE.
If I was you, I'd use a Canadian canoe. Their uprightness is legendary.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:23 AM   #77
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post

That's the funniest thing I've seen all morning.
How about the last step. Do I keep going roundabout?

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2009, 12:29 AM   #78
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
How about the last step. Do I keep going roundabout?
Uh-huh. Just keep going round and round, it's a national pastime. Like drinking beer, except the breathaliser doesn't recognise 'dizzy as hell'. It's not really 'fun' as such, but it's a reasonable substitute. Apparently. The hoons in my suburb certainly sound like they're enjoying it.

Ya know, I'm a bit perturbed that the directions didn't tell you to drive on the other side of the road! Important info, no?
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:29 AM   #79
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Just checking.

WDE.
Do you know how much you'll have to kayak?

First 4400km to Hawaii (#13), then 6200km to Japan (#27) and finally 5400km to Australia (#91).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:31 AM   #80
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Do you know how much you'll have to kayak?

First 4400km to Hawaii (#13), then 6200km to Japan (#27) and finally 5400km to Australia (#91).
WDE, if you pack your bags and leave today you might make it till July 2011
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2009, 03:53 AM   #81
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Wow, that kayak certainly gets some work!! I noticed that they only have you use Hawai'i as a place to let your kayak dry before you jump back in. I wonder why you don't just island hop?? They only have you go to O'ahu! Where's the fun in that?? If you stop on my island then I can help you paddle on the second sea leg. Can we stop in Fiji too please??
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:52 AM   #82
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Just checking.

WDE.
... and step #91.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:23 AM   #83
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
... and step #91.
Still, step #27 is the longest trek...
Old 09-03-2009, 05:33 AM   #84
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
No, south. You should check the meteorology thread!
Meterorologically speaking the further north one is the cooler you are ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:57 AM   #85
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Meterorologically speaking the further north one is the cooler you are ....
Well, not according to our findings

And I found out today why that is. Due to our location close to the sea, before the longest day (so spring and early summer), the cold water mass will keep away the rains and thunder that come in from the south. Which means we'll have nice and dry weather, while it may be raining and be cold in the south.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:05 AM   #86
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Well, not according to our findings

And I found out today why that is. Due to our location close to the sea, before the longest day (so spring and early summer), the cold water mass will keep away the rains and thunder that come in from the south. Which means we'll have nice and dry weather, while it may be raining and be cold in the south.
I also want a cold water mass that keeps me from cold summers. Do you think I should fill the bathtub in my garden with ice cubes?
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:10 AM   #87
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

No, but you could move to Emden...
Old 09-03-2009, 09:16 AM   #88
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Just checking.

WDE.
It's sort of telling that the most number of directions come with the segment in Japan, which is relatively short for the land portion of the trip. They don't mention where you can find kayak or car rentals, either...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #89
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
I also want a cold water mass that keeps me from cold summers. Do you think I should fill the bathtub in my garden with ice cubes?
Yes. Let us know how it turns out.

Hey, for step #13, 27, and 91 .... i have just the thing. Let me pull out my inflatable kayak. Haven't tried it out yet, but clearly this would be just the trip to use it!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:32 AM   #90
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Yes. Let us know how it turns out.

Hey, for step #13, 27, and 91 .... i have just the thing. Let me pull out my inflatable kayak. Haven't tried it out yet, but clearly this would be just the trip to use it!
Well, good thing you're carrying that roundy thing instead of your usual sharp-as-a-montsnmags-comeback sword today, Deb. We wouldn't want a catastrophe at sea on our hands.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote