Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-10-2011, 07:26 AM   #1
Yoths
Enthusiast
Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Question Dictionary window hides text is being highlighted

If I want to highlight a phrase at the bottom of the page, after long-pressing a word the dicitionary window appears and hides the highlighting area, so you can not move the bounding boxes.
Can I close or move the dicitionary window?
Yoths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
The best workaround is to not lift your finger so that you directly transition from the long press to highlighting. That way you can highlight what you want before the dictionary window appears. However you need to make sure it's correct since you can't edit it with the bars afterwards because of the dictionary.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoths View Post
If I want to highlight a phrase at the bottom of the page, after long-pressing a word the dicitionary window appears and hides the highlighting area, so you can not move the bounding boxes.
Can I close or move the dicitionary window?
Change the font size so that what you want to look up is at the top of the page instead of the bottom.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:17 PM   #4
Drop Bear
Enthusiast
Drop Bear began at the beginning.

Device: dr800sg
I have the same problem as I use this for university texts. I use BkwormGrls workaround but it would still be good to have the option to turn it off.

I am looking forward to when this device can be properly rooted and I can use ezPDFreader or something like that.
Drop Bear is offline   Reply With Quote