Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-04-2015, 04:02 PM   #31
obyrm
obyrm began at the beginning.

Device: KOA2; Formerly:KOA,KV,PW2,CybookHDFL, KoboGlo,Sony-T1-650-600,iLiad
Today I have requested another replacement. I will be receiving it tomorrow. They could not tell me whether it is going to be a refurbished or a new unit. In either case I do not hold any hopes that the screen quality will be any better. I refused to take their offer for £20 vouchers to use towards my kindle purchases if I kept the first replacement voyage instead.

It is still early to decide before seeing the screen of the latest replacement but I will probably keep the best looking one and return the other two back to Amazon. Then the next step could be getting a PW2 again as my main ereader.
obyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:46 AM   #32
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
For those who returned their Voyage(s) and just got a PW2 instead, I hope you made it clear to Amazon you were doing this and settling for the cheaper, older product because of the deficiencies of their premium ereader. As hopefully that will encourage them to make improvements to the Voyage and they'll release an improved version next year.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:14 AM   #33
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by obyrm View Post
Today I have requested another replacement. I will be receiving it tomorrow. They could not tell me whether it is going to be a refurbished or a new unit. In either case I do not hold any hopes that the screen quality will be any better. I refused to take their offer for £20 vouchers to use towards my kindle purchases if I kept the first replacement voyage instead.

It is still early to decide before seeing the screen of the latest replacement but I will probably keep the best looking one and return the other two back to Amazon. Then the next step could be getting a PW2 again as my main ereader.
This is ridiculous. You should get a Kobo. You would be happier and Amazon Kindle would be happier. That's a win/win, isn't it?
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:07 AM   #34
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
This is ridiculous. You should get a Kobo. You would be happier
Not necessarily. I found the touchscreen of the H2O to be extremely poor, and its dictionaries are nothing like as good as the Kindle's.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:34 PM   #35
C6REW
Connoisseur
C6REW has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis 1
Haven't read all the posts on this thread, so sorry if this has already been suggested.

If they are replacing it with a refurbished product I would get my money back, then buy a new one again!

Mine doesn't have a problem.

Regards

Chris
C6REW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:49 PM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6REW View Post
Haven't read all the posts on this thread, so sorry if this has already been suggested.

If they are replacing it with a refurbished product I would get my money back, then buy a new one again!

Mine doesn't have a problem.

Regards

Chris
All Voyage's have a colour gradient on the screen, Chris, but only a small proportion of users seem to be consciously aware of it. I absolutely cannot see it on mine, but if I take a photograph of the screen and analyse the pixel data, it's easy to see that it's there.

If the OP is one of the minority who can see the gradient and finds it objectionable, getting a different reader is probably the best solution.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:10 PM   #37
C6REW
Connoisseur
C6REW has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis 1
Thanks for that explanation Harry.

Not sure I understand how they can all have the problem. It is a truly known design flaw?

Asked my Wife and Daughter and neither can see anything on mine. I am an amateur photographer and have two of Olympus's professional M4/3rds cameras the OMD EM1 and have taken a few photos and cannot see anything.

Very strange.

What about going into a shop and looking at one? Perhaps opening in front of the shop staff?

I am sure all these things have been thought of.

Best regards

Chris
C6REW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 04:22 PM   #38
obyrm
obyrm began at the beginning.

Device: KOA2; Formerly:KOA,KV,PW2,CybookHDFL, KoboGlo,Sony-T1-650-600,iLiad
The replacement voyage has arrived today. It turned out to be another refurbished one. I have realised that they all have different illumination at the same light levels. The latest one I received has darker screen compared to the other two. I will keep this one since the illumination between the top and bottom of the screen is less noticeable.

Until next year if amazon fixes this problem
obyrm is offline   Reply With Quote