Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 08:39 PM   #16
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Of course you do.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:41 PM   #17
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Actually I like it here. I really only spend time here in the Kindle forum and the Lounge. Bad girl I know... but life is pretty whacky right now, and you have to pick your addictions carefully!
Advert
Old 03-22-2009, 11:18 AM   #18
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
New book has been added

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
The Keeper of Eternity by Devyn Quinn

Synopsis

Returning home after twenty years, a young woman learns that her past is steeped in witchcraft as she uncovers hidden family secrets and her own future destiny.

Julienne Hunter had it all. And she used it-her beauty, wit and grace-with a heedless and reckless daring to climb to the pinnacle of success in the world of high fashion. There was no tomorrow in her glittering world and no secrets that her charm could not hide.

But old bodies will not stay buried and Julienne is about to learn the truth of her own lost past. Crushing tragedy lures Julienne back to the family home her mother, Cassandra, abandoned over twenty-one years ago--and straight into the unwelcome embrace of the man her mother feared.

Morgan Saint-Evanston.

Dark. Brooding. Sexy as hell. He's everything a woman desires, yet his own dangerous secrets have tainted his heart and blackened his soul. He is a man Julienne will dare to take as her lover even as he plunges her into an occult realm where human souls are open barter...

Warning, this title contains the following: Some sexual situations, violence.
Thanks koland for noticing it!
Old 03-22-2009, 12:53 PM   #19
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Keep adding them.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #20
demoric
Kindle 2 User
demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Sporadic I appreciate the list. It's nice to have a list of books that are natively supported by the Kindle without conversion. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. (I already check out the freebies section, but this will be very useful to me).
Advert
Old 03-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can we get a moderator to move this thread to where it really belongs?

desertgrandma is 100% correct where it belongs.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:51 PM   #22
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
The moderators did discuss this thread. Since this thread is a list of free books with links to the Kindle store and the OP put it here we decided it is fine in this section.

If someone wants to create a generic post that lists the same books in the freebees section you are welcome to do that also.

BOb
Old 03-22-2009, 09:26 PM   #23
Todd A Fonseca
Enthusiast
Todd A Fonseca has learned how to read e-booksTodd A Fonseca has learned how to read e-booksTodd A Fonseca has learned how to read e-booksTodd A Fonseca has learned how to read e-booksTodd A Fonseca has learned how to read e-booksTodd A Fonseca has learned how to read e-booksTodd A Fonseca has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, iPad, Mobireader
Soul Identity - can't believe it's a penny

I was surprised to see Dennis is offering his book for a one cent! I thought this was a good read and I know that a draft screenplay has been written based on the book for potential big screen production.

Anyway, I give it 4 of 5 stars. For this price, I don't know why anyone wouldn't pick this up. Here's my full review.

As the old saying goes, "The Eyes are the window to the Soul". In Dennis Batchelder's Soul Identity, this is more than a figure of speech. Rather, it is the premise behind a twenty-six hundred year old organization tasked with finding, recording, and managing their clients' soul lines. Similar to a finger print, a persons eyes, specifically their iris patterns is unique - at least while they are alive. At some future point after their death, their iris pattern may repeat in a new body. It is this unique pattern that identifies that this new body carries the same soul line as the previous body.

But in the present day, the organization - aptly named "Soul Identity" - is finding it harder and harder to match soul lines - especially the company overseer souls - even though technology has made it easier to capture, read, catalogue and compare iris patterns. Could it be this same technology is actually preventing this company from its mission? Is someone using this technology against them?

In comes Scott Waverly, a security and technology expert hired to find the answers and save "Soul Identity" and its millions of soul lines from disappearing forever. Though skeptical of the company's claims, Waverly quickly finds himself in the middle of a philosophical, technological, and life threatening affair which has him jet setting around the world to save the company as well as his life.

In his debut novel, Dennis Batchelder has created a fast paced barnstormer similar to the likes of Lincoln Child in novels such as Death Match and Utopia. Though taking on the questions of immortality through the possible reincarnation of souls, Batchelder, similar to his fictional "Soul Identity" overseer Archibald Morgan, does not delve too deeply into the philosophical and spiritual implications of this "technology". Rather, the novel relies on the wonderfully written dialogue and suspenseful situations the protagonists must overcome to solve the mystery behind who is trying to destroy "Soul Identity" and why.

This novel is a very engaging read and I would encourage anyone who enjoys novels such as those written by Lincoln Child, to consider purchasing Soul Identity - you are sure to enjoy it. The book ends with a few teaser preview chapters from the sequel which looks equally good if not better. I, for one, am anxiously awaiting the release of Batchelder's next book.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:57 AM   #24
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
From my own post in deals thread:

Quote:
Second one today!

Still Waters by Kate Johnson. This is the fourth book in the Sophie Green Mystery series. Also available are I, Spy? ($4.40), Ugly Business ($12.09, print only), A is for Apple ($4.40) and a prequel The Twelve Lies of Christmas ($2.00).

Synopsis

-Tis the season to get deadly.

It-s a week before Christmas. Sophie is out of work, out of love and out of her depth-literally. Stuck in Cornwall on the holiday from hell with her ex-boyfriend, her boyfriend-s ex, and two intimidating colleagues. If that-s not enough, Sophie-s got her hands full trying to prevent her best friend-s perfect engagement from blowing up in her face.

When a corpse turns up in the local harbor it-s the perfect distraction-at least until someone tries to add Sophie to the body count.

Tangled love, tangled lives, tangled clues. Now there-s a holiday menu Sophie can-t resist

Warning: Warning, this title contains bad language, bad behavior and bad puns. There are scenes of violence, gore, and unashamed sentimentality.

Karen
http://booksontheknob.blogspot.com/
Old 03-23-2009, 01:06 AM   #25
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Quote:
From my own post in deals thread:
Nice, added it to the list!
Old 03-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
The moderators did discuss this thread. Since this thread is a list of free books with links to the Kindle store and the OP put it here we decided it is fine in this section.

If someone wants to create a generic post that lists the same books in the freebees section you are welcome to do that also.

BOb
The reason it belongs in Deals, Freebies, and Resources s because sometimes eBooks free at Amazon can also be free elsewhere like Sony (for example). So even if they are not posted, people can see what's free for the Kindle and then have a look elsewhere for the same free eBooks. But leaving it here is not a good idea for the non-Kindle users.

Also, when this thread is moved, a link can be left here to jump over to the moved thread giving the best of both worlds. But just leaving it here is a bad idea. The idea behind Deals, Freebies, and Resources was to post deals, freebies, or resources. And this post beings there since it deals with freebies. So please move it where it belongs.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
But.........many times the free book is also offered for Sony formats somewhere else.

Hence the "Deals, freebies and resources" thread.
So lets keep reporting this thread until it gets moved.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #28
Sporadic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The reason it belongs in Deals, Freebies, and Resources s because sometimes eBooks free at Amazon can also be free elsewhere like Sony (for example). So even if they are not posted, people can see what's free for the Kindle and then have a look elsewhere for the same free eBooks. But leaving it here is not a good idea for the non-Kindle users.

Also, when this thread is moved, a link can be left here to jump over to the moved thread giving the best of both worlds. But just leaving it here is a bad idea. The idea behind Deals, Freebies, and Resources was to post deals, freebies, or resources. And this post beings there since it deals with freebies. So please move it where it belongs.
We've have already discussed this angle earlier in the thread, the moderators have already decided that it's ok here...can't you drop it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporadic
Well, like I said, this isn't meant to replace the Deals, Freebies, and Resources forum; this thread is just a place to compliment it. A master list for new or not new Kindle users.

Kindle deals and non-Kindle deals will continue to be posted in the Deals, Freebies, and Resources forum (and I will add the Kindle deals to the list )

-----------------

Again, this thread is meant to be a master list.

So the scenario that's probably going to happen 99.9% of the time is:

Kindle owner notices that _______ book is free, posts a thread about it in the Freebie section.

I see thread, add _______ to list.

or

I notice ________ is no longer free and remove it from the list.

Sony users and people with other readers continue life as normal.

Kindle users get a list of all the free stuff available without having to dig through multiple threads or troll Amazon's bestseller list.

------------

Yes, if somebody only post in here that a free book is available...I'll inform them to also make a thread in Freebie or I'll do it myself and give credit to the original poster.

Last edited by Sporadic; 03-23-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:30 PM   #29
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Thanks for making this list. It makes it a bit easier for those of us with only kindles to quickly find the links to the new freebies.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:38 PM   #30
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
My own two cents.

I appreciate this post. I like the idea of a single posting that has links to all the free books currently available for the Kindle that aren't public domain books, and I'd prefer the posting was a sticky. Personally, I'd prefer to see this post in the Deals and Freebies section, but that's just me. I'd also like to see a label indicating a book's genre -- I'm not into the harlequin erotica stuff. Once again, just my two cents.
Closed Thread

Tags
cheap, cheap kindle books, free, free kindle books