Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-15-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
giacecco
giacecco began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Ebook makes PRS-505 hang indefinitely

All,
perhaps you have had a similar issue and managed to solve it.

I have bought 'Geekspeak' by Graham Tattersall from Waterstones, in Digital Editions format http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...do?sku=6364350 .

When loaded into the 505, the ebook works but takes something like 10 minutes, literally, to switch page! After a while the 505 is so unresponsive that I need to reset it.

Reading using Digital Editions on my Mac has the same problem: it takes about 10 seconds to switch page.

I called Waterstone's customer care that allowed me to re-download the book, in case the file was corrupted the first time. This solved nothing. It does not feel like they really know what they're doing.

What would you do? I would really like reading that book!

Giacecco

Last edited by giacecco; 01-15-2009 at 01:17 PM.
giacecco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #2
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
In all fairness to waterstones that is the sensible first step. Now if it didn't work they should give you another option...
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
digital editions, hang, prs-505