Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-29-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
Allpoints
Allpoints began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Transfer from iBook to Calibre

Read GRiker's post and followed it but it didn't seem to help my situation which appears to be the opposite of what he is advising -- I don't want to transfer a book to the iPad from iTunes on the Mac. Instead, I downloaded a book onto the iPad from Amazon's Kindle service and now would like to have Calibre recognize it -- the transfer of info would be from iPad to Mac. I have upgraded to the latest Calibre program. Even though other books are recognized the newest one is not. So that's where I am. Any help is appreciated.
Allpoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The transfer from the iPad would have to happen outside Calibre. Books downloaded from Amazon are not visible to Calibre. You mention iBooks, but I assume you do not mean that as iBooks does not support downloading books from Amazon.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, ipad, transfer to mac