Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 12:40 AM   #1
twinszz
Connoisseur
twinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enough

Device: prs 300, 600, 950, 350, & T1
Sharing Ebooks Between Multiple Readers

Hi Everyone,

My question is: Is there an easier way to share DRM books between multiple readers in a family?

I ask, as I spoke to a Sony rep who stated we would all have to log into the same Digital Editions account and the same Sony Bookstore account (on different computers) in order to share DRM books amongst ourselves. My Mom and Sister could use their own credit card info, however, we would have to use the same account to share those books. By the way, we live in seperate households.

I was trying to share books (from Kobo) with my Mom and it would not work under seperate accounts. We have not tried it the way the Sony Rep suggested.

It seems like it would work, however, I wanted to check with others to see what success anyone else may have had with this.

It seems a shame to buy a book and not be able to share it with my family.

Any comments or suggestions?

Thank You.
twinszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:29 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I share an account with my mother who lives in another town. We use the same Sony Reader Library and ADE accounts (one user name and password). That means that we also share one credit card number (I didn't try different credit cards).

It is a great way to share books.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:37 AM   #3
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I think you can download DRMed epub books from B&N website and read it on different devices - just use the name of card holder as login and credit card number as password to unlock the book.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:04 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I think you can download DRMed epub books from B&N website and read it on different devices - just use the name of card holder as login and credit card number as password to unlock the book.
Although that's perfectly true, it doesn't really help the original poster, given that the Sony doesn't support the DRM mechanism that you're describing.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:55 PM   #5
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Although that's perfectly true, it doesn't really help the original poster, given that the Sony doesn't support the DRM mechanism that you're describing.
Do you know if Sony have plans to support it?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote